1. Saikosaponin B1 potently stimulats PGE2 release.
1. Add-on Pregnenolone reduces the severity of negative symptoms in recent-onset schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder, especially among patients who are not treated with concomitant mood stabilizers .
2. Immunisation against Pregnenolone directly blocked testicular steroidogenesis, which reduced synthesis of hypothalamic GnRH and subsequently synthesis of pituitary LH by abolishing the permissive action of sex steroids on hypothalamic GnRH neurons, thereby disrupting spermatogenesis.
1. Gentianine has anti-diabetic effect.
2. Gentianine has potential anti-inflammatory action, might be at least partly based on the suppressed production of TNF-alpha and IL-6.
1. Alstonine is an indole alkaloid that has an antipsychotic activity, by decreasing glutamate uptake and using the step-down inhibitory avoidance paradigm and MK801-induced working memory deficits in mice.
2. Alstonine prevents the expected fasting-induced decrease in glucose levels.