1. Saikosaponin B1 potently stimulats PGE2 release.
1. Cannabidiol can reduce the anxiety provoked by Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-THC) in normal volunteers, and the effects of cannabidiol , as opposed to those of delta 9-THC, may be involved in the antagonism of effects between the two cannabinoids.
2. Cannabidiol has a potent anti-arthritic effect in collagen-induced arthritis through its combined immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory actions.
3. Cannabidiol has a pharmacological profile similar to that of atypical antipsychotic drugs.
4. Cannabidiol is a potent inhibitor of cancer cell growth (IC50 between 6.0 and 10.6 microM), with significantly lower potency in noncancer cells.
5. Cannabidiol exerts a combination of neuroprotective, anti-oxidative and anti-apoptotic effects against beta-amyloid peptide toxicity, and that inhibition of caspase 3 appearance from its inactive precursor, pro-caspase 3, by cannabidiol is involved in the signalling pathway for this neuroprotection.
6. Cannabidiol may have great therapeutic potential in the treatment of diabetic complications, and perhaps other cardiovascular disorders, by attenuating oxidative/ nitrative stress, inflammation, cell death and fibrosis.
1. Pregnenolone , a common precursor of many steroids, is present in the blood of normal adult men at concentrations of 1-3 nM, it can stimulate LNCaP prostate cancer cell growth via the mutated androgen receptor.
2. Pregnenolone has memory-enhancing effects.
3. Pregnenolone and dehydroepiandrosterone as precursors of native 7-hydroxylated metabolites which increase the immune response in mice.
4. Add-on Pregnenolone reduces the severity of negative symptoms in recent-onset schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder, especially among patients who are not treated with concomitant mood stabilizers .
1. Quetiapine fumarate is an atypical antipsychotic with reported remyelinating and neuroprotective properties in inflammatory and noninflammatory models of demyelination, including experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, and both cuprizone- and global cerebral ischemia-induced demyelination.
1. Gentianine has anti-diabetic effect.
2. Gentianine has potential anti-inflammatory action, might be at least partly based on the suppressed production of TNF-alpha and IL-6.