1. 8-Gingerol has antioxidant activity.
2. 8-Gingerol has antimycobacterial activity.
3. 8-Gingerol could be used as an effective skin-whitening agent.
4. 8-Gingerol shows antipyretic and anti-inflammation characteristics.
5. 8-Gingerol seems to be effective in an animal model of rheumatoid arthritis.
6. 8-Gingerol inhibits the anti-serotonin 3 receptor function, exhibits cardiotonic activity.
7. 8-Gingerol affects gastric motility and potentially have an antispasmodic effect on the gastrointestinal system.
8. 8-gingerol inhibited melanogenesis in B16F10 and B16F1 cells by down-regulation of both mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) and protein kinase A (PKA) signaling pathways or through its antioxidant properties.
1. Isoliquiritin has antitussive effects.
2. Isoliquiritin has antidepressant-like effects.
3. Isoliquiritin,liquiritin and isoliquirigenin inhibits the p53-dependent pathway and shows crosstalk between Akt activities.
1. Betaine is an important nutrient for the prevention of chronic disease.
2. Betaine is an osmolyte to protect cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress (eg, low water, high salinity, or extreme temperature).
3. Betaine is a methyl donor to participate in the methionine cycle—primarily in the human liver and kidneys.
4. Betaine can protect internal organs, improve vascular risk factors, and enhance performance.
1. Asiaticoside might be a new preventive agent of ALI in the clinical setting, suppressed inflammatory responses in LPS-induced ALI through inhibition of the phosphorylation of NF-κB p65 subunit and the degradation of its inhibitor IκBα.
2. Asiaticoside significantly decreased the synthesis and secretion of extracellular matrix, inhibited TGF-beta expression and the post-stenting intima-media membrane hyperplasia, reduced the endothelial cell damage by effectively up-regulate the expression of Smad7 protein.
1. Beta-Sitosterol has anti-hypercholesterolaemic,antioxidant,estrogenic, hypolipidaemic,antibacterial and antifungal effects.
2. Beta-Sitosterol inhibits growth of HT-29 human colon cancer cells by activating the sphingomyelin cycle.