1. Nyasicoside may have promising and beneficial thrombolytic activity.
1. Pimaric acid has potent anti-atherosclerotic activity with inhibitory action on matrix metalloproteinase-9 production and cell migration in TNF-α-induced human aortic smooth muscle cells.
2. 4-epi-Pimaric acid shows antibacterial, anti-biofilm and anti-inflammatory potency , can be exploited for therapeutic application in oral microbial infections.
Daidzin is a potent, selective aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2,IC50 = 80 nM) inhibitor, which has antiallergic anti-oxidant, anti-carcinogenic, antithrombotic,and anti-atherosclerotic activities, It has preventive effect on bone loss in ovariectomized rats appears to be due to suppression of bone turnover. A mixture of daidzin and glycitin has anti-obese and anti-diabetic effects.
1. Ferulic acid is an antioxidant found naturally in plant cell walls , shows antioxidant activity in parallel with their radical scavenging activity, it has been approved in certain countries as food additive to prevent lipid peroxidation.
2. Ferulic acid has been reported to have many physiological functions, including antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-thrombosis, and anti-cancer activities; it also protects against coronary disease, lowers cholesterol and increases sperm viability.
3. Ferulic acid is used as the raw material for the production of vanillin and preservatives, as a cross-linking agent for the preparation of food gels and edible films, and as an ingredient in sports foods and skin protection agents.
4. Ferulic acid helps in enhancing the antioxidant capacity of these diabetic animals by neutralizing the free radicals formed thereby reducing the intensity of diabetes.
5. Ferulic acid can effectively protect further secondary traumatic brain injury associated impairments.
|CFN99161||Salvianolic acid A
Salvianolic acid A has antioxidant, hepatoprotective, antithrombotic effect, and antiplatelet actions. it also has a significant protective effect against isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction; it activates the Nrf2/HO-1 axis in RPE cells and protects against oxidative stress via activation of Akt/mTORC1 signaling. Salvianolic acid A (oral) can significantly improve glucose metabolism and inhibit oxidative injury as well as protect against impaired vascular responsiveness in STZ-induced diabetic rats. It is a novel matrix metalloproteinase-9 inhibitor, can prevents cardiac remodeling in spontaneously hypertensive rats.