1. Rosmarinic acid has antiviral, antibacterial, antiinflammatory and antioxidant activities.
2. Rosmarinic acid is used to treat peptic ulcers, arthritis, cataract, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and bronchial asthma.
3. Rosmarinic acid is used for food preservation.
1. Danshensu has antioxidant activity, can enhance HO-1 expression to suppress 6-OHDA-induced oxidative damage via PI3K/Akt/Nrf2 signaling pathways.
2. Danshensu has neuroprotective activity, can reduce 6-OHDA-induced dopaminergic neuronal loss in zebrafish.
3. Danshensu has anxiolytic-like properties, in part, through dopaminergic neurotransmitter signaling.
4. Danshensu has cardioprotective effect, can treat cardiovascular diseases.
1. Tetrahydropalmatine reduces heroin craving and increasing the abstinence rate among heroin-dependent patients.
2. Tetrahydropalmatine depletes neurotransmitters such as dopamine, noradrenaline and serotonin. L-Tetrahydropalmatine is an inhibitor of D3DR and SR-1A.
1. Neferine has anti-tumor activities , Metabolic activation mediated by CYP3A4 and GSH depletion enhanced Neferine-induced cytotoxicity.
2. Neferine can be helpful to increase the efficacy of DOX and to achieve anticancer synergism by curbing the toxicity.
3. Neferine inhibited high glucose-induced endothelial apoptosis via blocking ROS/Akt/NF-κB pathway, which provides the evidence for using Neferine to treat diabetic vasculopathy.
4. Neferine induced apoptosis in a dose-dependent manner with the hypergeneration of reactive oxygen species, activation of MAPKs, lipid peroxidation, depletion of cellular antioxidant pool, loss of mitochondrial membrane potential, and intracellular calcium accumulation.
1. Linalool, a natural compound of the essential oils, has been shown to have antinociceptive, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Linalool was protected against LPS/GalN-induced liver injury through induction of antioxidant defense via Nrf2 activating and reduction inflammatory response via NF-κB inhibition.
3. Linalool biosynthesis and accumulation might be involved in plant defense against bacterial and fungal pathogens and be associated with field resistance to citrus canker.
4. Linalool significantly increased the expression of antioxidant enzymes regulated by Nrf-2 and diminished lung tissue levels of several pro-inflammatory cytokines, including tumor necrosis factor α (TNF-α) and interleukin (IL)-6.