Astragaloside II is a potent autophagy inhibitor and multidrug resistance (MDR) reversal agent, which restores chemosensitivity of anticancer agent cisplatin and enhances tumor cell death. It has immunomodulating activity, can trigger T cell activation through regulation of CD45 protein tyrosine phosphatase activity, it induces osteogenic activities of osteoblasts through the bone morphogenetic protein-2/MAPK and Smad1/5/8 pathways.
Liensinine is a human ether-a-go-go-related gene (hERG) inhibitor and a novel autophagy/mitophagy inhibitor, which can antagonize the ventricular arrhythmias. It exerts remarkable effect against thrombosis and possesses strong effect against platelet aggregation and coagulation.
1. Matrine possesses anti-inflammation, anti-fibrotic and anticancer, it could inhibit cell proliferation and induce apoptosis of SGC-7901 cells in vitro by up-regulating Fas/FasL expression and activating caspase-3 enzyme.
2. Matrine may be a potential alternative against invasive glioma cells via the p38 MAPK and AKT signaling‑dependent inhibition of EMT.
3. Matrine can be a potential candidate to fight against Candida-related infections by regulating yeast-to-hypha transition.
4. Matrine has anticancer property, which include the inhibition of human osteosarcoma cells invasion and proliferation , NPC cell migration and invasion , cisplatin resistance in NSCLC.
5. Matrine suppresses PMA-induced MMP-1 expression through inhibition of the AP-1 signaling pathway and also may be beneficial for treatment of some inflammatory skin disorders.
6. Matrine seems to be a novel autophagy inhibitor that can modulate the maturation process of lysosomal proteases.
7. Matrine has a protective effect on immunosuppression, a strong non-specific anti-inflammatory effect, and an effect of reducing the incidence of sodium and water retention.