1. 5,5'-Dimethoxylariciresinol-4'-O-beta-D-glucoside is shown to effectively enhance chemosensitivity of resistant cells, which makes it may be a suitable candidate for potential multidrug resistance (MDR)-reversing agents.
1. Isoflavonoid compounds, orobol, psi-tectorigenin and genistein have been implicated as inhibitors of tyrosine-specific protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol turnover.
2. Orobol has sensitization effect, it can produce produced cisplatin (DDP) sensitivity in human ovarian carcinoma cells by inducing apoptosis through the MT-dependent signaling pathway.
3. Orobol and platelet derived growth factor (PDGF) regulate paclitaxel (PX) sensitivity by reciprocally altering the proportion of tubulin isotype expression and PX-induced apoptotic signaling.
4. Orobol exhibits antiviral effects against some animal viruses, addition of the compound after virus entry inhibits the appearance of late viral protein synthesis in Vesicular Stomatitis Virus, influenza, or vaccinia virus-infected cells, but has no effect on poliovirus protein synthesis.
1. Lupalbigenin sensitizes detachment-induced cell death in human lung cancer cell through down-regulation of pro-survival proteins.
2. Lupalbigenin, laburnetin , and isolupalbigenin show promising cytotoxic effects toward HL-60 cells (IC50 4.3 ± 0.7 to 18.0 ± 1.7 uM).
1. Schinifoline has cytotoxic activity, it also shows in vitro radiosensitising, cell cycle and apoptotic-inducing effects.
1. 4-Methylumbelliferone can treat biliary spasm.
2. 4-Methylumbelliferone has anti-cancer activity, the mechanism based on its antioxidation in organisms.
3. 4-Methylumbelliferone may inhibit the phosphorylation of HAS2 by PKC through the stimulation of O-GlcNAcylation.
4. 4-Methylumbelliferone similarly ameliorate hypertriglyceridemia and hyperglycemia partly by modulating hepatic lipid metabolism and the antioxidant defense system along with increasing adiponectin levels.