1. Cinobufotalin induces growth inhibition and apoptosis in cultured HCC cells through ceramide production, may be investigated as a novel anti-HCC agent.
2. Cinobufotalin can reverse the adriamycin-resistance in Raji/ADR cells and the expression of P-gp and MRP-1 proteins are down-regulated through the transcriptional pathway, is an effective reversal agent for the multidrug resistance of tumors.
1. Mahanine has a dose- and time-dependent anti-proliferative activity in acute lymphoid (MOLT-3) and chronic myeloid (K562) leukemic cell lines.
2. Mahanine has effects on the activation of the apoptotic pathway in human leukemia U937 cells, causes the mitochondrial membranes to lose their permeability, resulting in caspase-3 activation and apoptosis.
3. Mahanine can reverse an epigenetically silenced gene, RASSF1A in prostate cancer cells by inhibiting DNMT activity that in turn down-regulates a key cell cycle regulator, cyclin D1, is an encouraging therapeutic choice for advanced prostatic cancer.
4. Mahanine inhibited growth of PC3 and LNCaP prostate cancer cells in a dose and time-dependent manner, inhibits growth and induces apoptosis in both androgen-responsive, LNCaP and androgen-independent, PC3 cells by targeting cell survival pathway.
1. (-)-Syringaresinol inhibits the proliferation of human promyelocytic HL-60 cells through G(1) arrest and induction of apoptosis, may be a potential chemotherapeutic agent for the treatment of cancer.