Epifriedelanol has antitumor activity, it can reduce cellular senescence in human primary cells and may be used to develop dietary supplements or cosmetics that modulate tissue aging or aging-associated diseases. Epifriedelanol exhibits significant inhibition of NF-kappa B, it may be used to treat asthma.
Shikonin is a natural red naphthoquinone pigment, has antimicrobial, anti-tumor, and anti-inflammatory effects; a purified shikonin preparation is widely used for the production of medicinals, cosmetics, and some food products; shikonin also enters into the antiinflammatory ointment and cream compositions used for the treatment of burns. It can suppress the cell viability, adhesion, invasion and migratory ability of MGC-803 cells through TLR2- or NF-κB-mediated pathway.
A composition containing an effective amount of D-xylose, an ester thereof or an oligosaccharide containing D-xylose, in a combination with a cosmetically or pharmaceutically acceptable excipient.
1. Cinnamyl acetate is used as flavor and fragrance ingredient in food and cosmetic industries.
1. Falcarindiol has antimutagenic activity, can suppress the mutagenicity of furylfuramide and 3-amino-1,4-dimethyl-5H-pyrido[4,3-b]indole (Trp-P-1).
2. Falcarindiol inhibits nitric oxide-mediated neuronal death in lipopolysaccharide-treated organotypic hippocampal cultures, it has neuroprotective activity.
3. Falcarindiol has inhibitory activity against human gastric adenocarcinoma (MK-1) cell growth.
4. Falcarindiol has protective effects against CCl(4) toxicity, in part, the effects might be explained by anti-lipid peroxidation activity associated with the induction of the GSTs including GSTA4.
5. Falcarindiol has antifungal activity.
6. Falcarindiol can strongly inhibit the growth of Micrococcus luteus and Bacillus cereus, with a minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) value of 50 microg ml(-1), and it shows cytotoxicity against IEC-6 cells,suggests that it could be potentially used in food manufactures and cosmetology as preservative agents and biopesticides, or in medicine as new antibiotics.
7. Falcarindiol is a potential new anticancer agent that exerts its activity through inducing ER stress and apoptosis.