1. Kaempferol 7-O-beta-d-glucopyranoside (6''-O-Acetylastragalin) is a novel supercoolant, to sub-zero non-freezing rat heart preservation.
1. Hypotaurine is a precursor of taurine and an antioxidant, intracellular hypotaurine is mainly supplied to placental trophoblasts by transfer from extracellular fluid across the plasma membrane, and may play a role in cell protection by scavenging reactive oxygen species.
2. Hypotaurine and cysteine sulfinate have scavenging activity towards the carbonate radical anion.
3. Hypotaurine/taurine synthesis strongly inhibits cysteinesulfinate decarboxylase (pyridoxal 5'-phosphate-dependent enzyme) as well as cystathionine γ-lyase.
4. Hypotaurine and raffinose supplementation in semen extenders provide a protection of sperm parameters against cryopreservation injury.
5. Hypotaurine suppresses acute, inflammatory, and neuropathic pain, may regulate nociceptive transmission physiologically by activating glycinergic neurons in the spinal cord, is a promising candidate for treating various pain states.
(-)-Epigallocatechin-3-(3''-O-methyl)gallate shows antioxidative, cytotoxic, antiallergic, and anti-inflammatory activities, it can negatively regulate basophil activation through the suppression of FcepsilonRI expression. Epigallocatechin-3-(3''-O-methyl)gallate has the function for cold preservation of primary rat hepatocytes.