1. 3-Deoxysappanone B has vasorelaxation effects, it can mediate endothelium- independent vasodilator action in rat thoracic aortic rings.
1. Ethylparaben is antifungal and antimicrobial agent.
2. Ethylparaben has a certain reproductive toxicity to F0 male Drosophila and Ethylparaben of high concentration can impact sustainable to offspring which has some facilitation effect on F1 Drosophila.
1. Gycitein has weak estrogenic activity.
2. Glycitein inhibits glioma cell invasion through down-regulation of MMP-3 and MMP-9 gene expression.
3. Glycitein, daidzein and glenistein, with their inhibitory effects on natural and PDGF-BB-induced SMC proliferation, may be useful in attenuating such proliferation, a basic mechanism involved in atherosclerotic vascular change, thereby preventing atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases.
4. Glycitein has antioxidant effects, may suppress Abeta toxicity through combined antioxidative activity and inhibition of Abeta deposition, thus may have therapeutic potential for prevention of Abeta associated neurodegenerative disorders.
5. Glycitein has inhibitory effects on hydrogen peroxide induced cell damage by scavenging reactive oxygen species and inhibiting c-Jun N-terminal kinase.
6. Glycitein, the most potent activator of ERK1/2, decreases RWPE-1 cell proliferation by 40% ; it induces ERK1/2 activation was dependent, in part, on tyrosine kinase activity associated with vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGFR).
1. Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG) is an antioxidant, SDG can reduce hypercholesterolemic atherosclerosis and that this effect is associated with a decrease in serum cholesterol, LDL-C, and lipid peroxidation product and an increase in HDL-C and antioxidant reserve.
2. Synthetic Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside at 25 mg/kg b.w., exerts anti hyperglycemic effect by preventing the liver from peroxidation damage through inhibition of ROS level mediated increased level of enzymatic and non-enzymatic antioxidants.
3. Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside has renoprotective effects in HFD/STZ-induced DN in rats through correction of hyperglycemia.
4. Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside is cytoprotective in an in vitro model of iron overload induced redox-inflammatory damage.
5. Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside is a phytoestrogen, estrogens and phytoestrogen from soy have been reported to have mild hypotensive effects, and SDG is a long-acting hypotensive agent, and that the hypotensive effect is mediated through the guanylate cyclase enzyme.
6. Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside can induce neovascularization-mediated cardioprotection against ischemia-reperfusion injury in hypercholesterolemic myocardium, SDG treatment reduces ventricular remodeling by neovascularization of the infarcted HC myocardium.
1. Glabridin may serve as an anti-inflammatory agent in diabetes-related vascular dysfunction,through regulating the synthesis and activity of iNOS under high-glucose levels; may possess a therapeutic effect on metabolic disorders( such as diabetes and hyperglycemia), by modulating glucose metabolism through AMPK in skeletal muscle cells.
2. Glabridin may have potential as a chemopreventive agent against liver cancer metastasis, by inhibiting the invasion of human HCC cells.
3. Glabridin inhibits Plasmodium falciparum growth in vitro with an IC50 23.9±0.43 uM, it is suitable for developing antimalarial agent from a cheap and sustainable source.
4. Glabridin has not only the inhibition of melanogenesis but also the inhibition of inflammation in the skins.
5. Glabridin has antioxidative effects.
6. Glabridin and its derivatives exhibit varying degrees of estrogen receptor agonism and demonstrate growth-inhibitory actions on breast cancer cells.
7. Glabridin has a neuroprotective effect via modulation of multiple pathways associated with apoptosis.