1. Mulberrofuran G shows moderate activity, inhibits hepatitis B virus (HBV) DNA replication with the IC(50) value of 3.99 μM.
1. Saponin V (300,150,75 mg·kg-1) can significantly decrease the times of cough, saponin V 300 mg/kg can remarkably increase cough latent period, saponin V 5 g/L remarkably antagonized contraction of isolated ileum, saponin V 2.5 and 1.25 g/L antagonized trachea spasm in guinea pig induced by histamine; saponin V exhibits significant antitussive, expectorant and antispasmodic effects.
2. Chikusetsu saponin V can attenuate H2O2-induced oxidative stress in human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells through Sirt1/PGC-1α/Mn-SOD signaling pathways, suggests that chikusetsu saponin V exhibits neuroprotective effects.
1. Guaifenesin and benzonatate have antitussive effects, they can inhibit the cough-reflex sensitivity in acute viral cough.
2. Guaifenesin is also a centrally acting skeletal muscle relaxant.
3. Guaifenesin is an expectorant commonly by thinning the mucus or phlegm in the lungs.