1. Cinnamic acid has anaesthetic activity.
2. Cinnamic acid has anthelmintic activity.
3. Cinnamic acid has phytotoxic activity.
4. Cinnamic acid has anti-diabetic activity by improving glucose tolerance in vivo and stimulating insulin secretion in vitro.
5. Cinnamic acid is cell differentiation inducer, protein isoprenylation inhibitor.
6. Cinnamic acid shows a significant radio-protective effect by reducing the DNA damage induced by X-rays.
1. Dihydrocapsaicin and capsaicin in digestions with red peppers was increased the bioaccessibility by the dietary fat.
1. Cinnamyl alcohol readily autoxidizes upon air exposure, and forms strong sensitizers as determined by the local lymph node assay.
1. Cinnamic aldehyde exhibits excellent anti-inflammatory activities and antidepressant-like effects in stressed mid-aged rats as a COX-2 inhibitor.
2. Cinnamic aldehyde induces apoptosis of CML cells in vitro, down-regulation of the expression and function of BCR-ABL may be one of its most important anti-leukemia mechanisms.
3. Cinnamic aldehyde and cinnamic acid are cardioprotective in a rat model of ischemic myocardial injury, the mechanism is related to anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties.
1. 4-Methoxybenzoic acid could be used as raw material in cosmetic and dermatologic products and/or aroma components in foodstuffs, it has antiinflammatory and antimicrobial activities.