1. Cinnamic acid has phytotoxic activity.
2. Cinnamic acid has anti-diabetic activity by improving glucose tolerance in vivo and stimulating insulin secretion in vitro.
3. Cinnamic acid is cell differentiation inducer, protein isoprenylation inhibitor.
4. Cinnamic acid shows a significant radio-protective effect by reducing the DNA damage induced by X-rays.
5. Cinnamic acid is an effective anticancer and antioxidant constituents of traditional Chinese herbal medicines of Xuanshen (Radix scrophulariae), it can serve as protective agents in cancer prevention and treatment.
6. Cinnamic acids, one type of secondary plant substances found in detritus, inhibit feeding by detritivores, this inhibition occurs at concentrations found in nature and may be a major factor controlling the rate of decay of organic matter.
7. Cinnamic acid, 4-hydroxycinnamic acid and 4-methoxycinnamic acid strongly inhibit the diphenolase activity of mushroom tyrosinase and the inhibition is reversible, the IC 50 values are estimated to be 2.10, 0.50 and 0.42 mM, respectively.
1. The active ingredients of spices such as chili and turmeric (capsaicin, dihydrocapsaicin and curcumin, respectively) have been shown to reduce the susceptibility of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) to oxidation, the oxidation of LDL is believed to be the initiating factor for the development and progression of atherosclerosis, suggests that they have anti-atherogenic activity.
2. Dihydrocapsaicin(DHC) treatment depletes peptidergic nerve fibers of substance P and alters mast cell density in the respiratory tract of neonatal sheep.
3. Dihydrocapsaicin induces autophagy in human cancer cells in a catalase-regulated manner, DHC activates autophagy in a p53-independent manner and that may contribute to cytotoxicity of DHC.
1. Cinnamyl acetate is a fragrance ingredient.
1. Cinnamyl alcohol readily autoxidizes upon air exposure, and forms strong sensitizers as determined by the local lymph node assay.
1. Cinnamic aldehyde exhibits excellent anti-inflammatory activities and antidepressant-like effects in stressed mid-aged rats as a COX-2 inhibitor.
2. Cinnamic aldehyde induces apoptosis of CML cells in vitro, down-regulation of the expression and function of BCR-ABL may be one of its most important anti-leukemia mechanisms.
3. Cinnamic aldehyde and cinnamic acid are cardioprotective in a rat model of ischemic myocardial injury, the mechanism is related to anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties.