1. Lobetyolin shows significant antioxidant and scavenging 2,2-diphenylpicrylhydrazyl (DPPH) radical activities.
2. Lobetyolin has a protective role in gastric mucosa injury, and the mechanism may be relate to the increase in level of 6-K-PGF1αand the inhibition the excretion of gastric acid and EGF.
1. Neohesperidin is an intensive sweetener widely used in food and feed industry.
1. Arbutin has whitening, anti- age effects and UVB/ UVC filter by inhibiting tyrosinase and thus preventing the formation of melanin.
2. Normal skin microflora may increase the skin lightening effect of arbutin due to the antioxidant action of hydroquinone.
3. Arbutin might be useful for treating the inflammatory and deleterious effects of BV2 microglial cells activation in response to LPS stimulation.
1. Rutin has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory activity.
2. Rutin inhibits aldose reductase activity. Aldose reductase is an enzyme normally present in the eye and elsewhere in the body. It helps change glucose into the sugar alcohol sorbitol.
3. Rutin inhibits platelet aggregation, as well as decreases capillary permeability, making the blood thinner and improving circulation, could be used to treat patients at risk of heart attacks and strokes.
4. Rutin shows to inhibit in vitro the vascular endothelial growth factor in subtoxic concentrations, so acts as an inhibitor of angiogenesis, can be used to treat hemorrhoids, varicosis, and microangiopathy.
1. Dehydroabietic acid (DAA) is an EBV-EA activation inhibitor.
2. DAA is a useful food-derived compound for treating obesity-related diseases, by decreasing plasma glucose, insulin levels, plasma triglyceride (TG) ,and hepatic TG levels.
3. DAA derivatives displays anti-secretory and anti-pepsin effect in animal models.