1. Dictamnine and gamma-fagarine have mutagenic activities, they have specific activities (His+/microgram) of about 50-70 revertant colonies in strain TA100, while in strain TA98 there were about 30-50 revertant colonies.
2. Dictamnine has good antifungal activity alone and in combination with fluconazole against Candida albicans.
3. Dictamnine at higher concentrations(≥100uM) has potential hepatotoxicity, the cell membrane damage and mitochondrial membrane damage may be involved in the dictamnine-induced hepatotoxity mechanism.
4. Dictamnine has photoinduced genotoxicity.
5. Dictamnine shows anti-inflammatory effect.
6. Dictamnine shows anticholinesterase activityt.
1. Tartrazine and carmoisine are an organic azo dyes widely used in food products, drugs and cosmetics.
2. Tartrazine is a food additive that belongs to a class of artificial dyes and contains an azo group; it has significant genotoxic effect , may be harmful to health and its prolonged use could trigger carcinogenesis.
1. Sunset yellow FCF and Brilliant Blue FCF are used as colorant food additives in many food products, they can have cytotoxic and genotoxic potential, it care must be taken when using these materials as a food additive.
1. Verminoside has anti-inflammatory effect, inhibits both iNOS expression and NO release in the LPS-induced J774.A1 macrophage cell line.
2. Verminoside is a potential inhibitor of tyrosinase correlating with the observed antioxidant activity in vitro.
3. Verminoside induces genotoxicity on human lymphocytes: Involvement of PARP-1 and p53 proteins.
1. Tryptophol can inhibit the infection/replication of GVE2 by interacting with the host's Clp protease.
2. Tryptophol induces apoptosis through DR5 and that the resistance of PBL to Tryptophol-induced apoptosis might be due to competition from DcR1.