1. 3-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)-1-propanol has a certain degree of regulation of plant growth and development.
1. Betaine hydrochloride has protective effects against hypoxic mice.
2. Betaine hydrochloride can increase the secreting of thyroxine (T3) and insulin and regulate the metabolism of organism by the hormones, thus it prompts fish growth and also improves intestine figuration.
3. Betaine hydrochloride shows promise for treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.
4. Betaine hydrochloride has sedative, antipyretic and analgesic effects.
1. Cinnamamide, a non-lethal repellent, deters feeding by a wide range of avian species;cinnamamide has the potential for use against the commensal rodent Mus musculus in situations where use of lethal control methods could be hazardous (e.g. food stores).
2. Cinnamamide is an antitumor agent with low cytotoxicity acting on matrix metalloproteinase, and may serve as a lead compound in the development of antitumor drugs.
3. Cinnamamide and betaine cinnamamide have growth-regulating activity on wheat.
1. Gibberellin shows inhibitory effect on treatment on adventitious rooting, which appears to act by perturbing polar auxin transport, in particular auxin efflux in hybrid aspen, and both efflux and influx in Arabidopsis.
2. Gibberellins are growth-promoting phytohormones that were crucial in breeding improved semi-dwarf varieties during the green revolution.