1. PNC1 (pyrazinamidase/nicotinamidase 1) is a longevity gene that is responsive to all stimuli that extend lifespan, nicotinamide depletion is sufficient to activate Sir2 and that this is the mechanism by which PNC1 regulates longevity, thus, nicotinamide and PNC1 can govern lifespan extension by calorie restriction in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
2. Nicotinamide and its derivatives can increase growth hormone and prolactin synthesis in cultured GH3 cells: role for ADP-ribosylation in modulating specific gene expression.
3. Nicotinamide mononucleotide activation of new DNA-dependent polyadenylic acid synthesizing nuclear enzyme.
4. Nicotinamide has insulinotropic action, it can induce differentiation and maturation of human fetal pancreatic islet cells.
5. Nicotinamide may represent a safe treatment for Alzheimer's disease and other tauopathies, and that phosphorylation of tau at Thr231 may regulate tau stability.
1. Isobergapten is a plant growth regulating substance.
2. Isobergapten can suppress in vivo growth of G. limetticola and B. cinerea , it may form an important class of natural defensive agents against fungi.
3. Isobergapten shows anti-proliferative activity and causes G2/M arrest at concentrations of 0.05-15.0 μM.
4. Isobergapten is the principal constituents responsible for the antimycobacterial activity of the roots of Heracleum maximum.
1. Gitogenin, tigogenin, and solasodine are novel selective inhibitors of UGT1A4, and do not inhibit the activities of major human CYP isoforms.
2. Gitogenin and (25S)-5α-furastan-3β,22,26-triol are the inhibitors of enzyme α-glucosidase with IC50 values of 37.2±0.18 and 33.5±0.22 uM, respectively.
3. Gitogenin shows moderate stimulation of release activity on growth hormone from rat pituitary cells.