1. Brassicasterol may be a relevant additional biomarker in Alzheimer's disease (AD).
1. Variabilin, a novel inhibitor of human platelet aggregation, it is a potent RGD (Arg-Gly-Asp)-containing antagonist of the fibrinogen receptor glycoprotein IIb-IIIa (GPIIb-IIIa; αIIbβ3) and the vitronectin receptor αvβ3.
2. Variabilin is an inhibitor of human secretory and cytosolic phospholipase A2 (PLA2) activities that controls eicosanoid production in vitro and in vivo, inhibits neutrophil degranulation and superoxide generation in vitro and shows anti-inflammatory activity after topical or p.o. administration to mice.
3. Variabilin is an antimicrobial furanosesterterpene.
4. Variabilin is an important chemotaxonomic marker for the family Irciniidae.