1. Arbutin has whitening, anti- age effects and UVB/ UVC filter by inhibiting tyrosinase and thus preventing the formation of melanin.
2. Normal skin microflora may increase the skin lightening effect of arbutin due to the antioxidant action of hydroquinone.
3. Arbutin might be useful for treating the inflammatory and deleterious effects of BV2 microglial cells activation in response to LPS stimulation.
1. Heraclenin induces apoptosis in Jurkat leukemia cells in mechanistically different ways.
1. Xanthotoxin potentiated nicotine-induced antinociception.
2. Xanthotoxin can protect the animals against maximal electroshock-induced seizures
3. Xanthotoxin inhibits nicotine metabolism to alter the behavioral effects of nicotine in the mouse.
1. Seneciphylline can significantly increased the activities of epoxide hydrase and glutathione-S-transferase but cause reduction of cytochrome P-450 and related monooxygenase activities.
2. Seneciphylline and senecionine can not produce any prominent in vitro effect on the hepatic drug metabolizing enzymes under study, but senecionine slight stimulate alkaloids and slight reduction of aminopyrine demethylase activity .
1. Sinigrin has antimicrobial activity.
2. Sinigrin exerts important anti-proliferative activities in carcinogen-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in rats, and highlight the potential of Sinigrin as an anti-cancer agent for liver cancer.