1. Tuberstemonine exhibits relatively higher intestinal permeabilities.
2. Tuberstemonine acts in part as an open-channel blocker at the crayfish neuromuscular junction.
1. Albaspidin AA displayes strong antibacterial activity against the vegetative form of P. larvae (MIC ranging from 0.168-220 μM).
1.Asperglaucide shows some nematocidal property against M. incognita .
1. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid exhibits scavenging actions against the 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical, the superoxide anion, and the hydroxyl radical.
2. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid isolates from a green alga protects human keratinocytes against UVB-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis.
3. The 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid treatment resulted in 33.3, 65.0, 76.7 and 85.0% hatch inhibition at 0.125, 0.25, 0.5 and 1.0 mg/ml, respectively, 3 days after incubation.
1. Cinnamic aldehyde exhibits excellent anti-inflammatory activities and antidepressant-like effects in stressed mid-aged rats as a COX-2 inhibitor.
2. Cinnamic aldehyde induces apoptosis of CML cells in vitro, down-regulation of the expression and function of BCR-ABL may be one of its most important anti-leukemia mechanisms.
3. Cinnamic aldehyde and cinnamic acid are cardioprotective in a rat model of ischemic myocardial injury, the mechanism is related to anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties.