1. Gelsemine has antitumor activity.
2. Gelsemine has anti-oxidative activity.
3. Gelsemine has anti-hyperlipidemic activity.
4. Gelsemine has marked antinociception in inflammatory, neuropathic and bone cancer pains without inducing antinociceptive tolerance.
1. Carnosic acid can protect neurons both in vitro and in vivo through activation of the Keap1/Nrf2 pathway via S-alkylation of targeted cysteines on Keap1.
2. Carnosic acid has antioxidant properties, it is a powerful inhibitor of lipid peroxidation in microsomal and liposomal systems.
3. Carnosic acid, vitamin C, and vitamin E show photoprotective potential.
4. Carnosic acid is a class of lipid absorption inhibitor from sage.
5.. Carnosic acid is capable of antiproliferative action in leukemic cells and can cooperate with other natural anticancer compounds in growth-inhibitory and differentiating effects.
6. Carnosic acid has a protective effect on cisplatin induced experimental nephrotoxicity and is attributed to its potent antioxidant and antiapoptotic properties.
7. Carnosic acid has antimicrobial activity against oral pathogens.
8. Carnosic acid can inhibit adipogenesis in vitro, and it is a therapeutic agent for obesity-related non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
1. Phellodendrine can suppress local semisyngeneic GvH reactions and systemic allogeneic GvH reactions in X-ray irradiated recipient mice, it also can suppress the induction phase of sheep red blood cell (SRBC)-induced delayed type hypersensitivity in mice and tuberculin-induced delayed type hypersensitivity in guinea pigs, suggests that phellodendrine is expected to be a valuable new type of immunosuppressor against the cellular immune response.
2. Phellodendrine has anti-nephritic activity, may be due to its ability to inhibit the proliferation or the migration of macrophages and cytotoxic T lymphocytes in the glomeruli.
3. Phellodendrine shows a good antioxidant effect in vivo, it can down-regulating AKT, IKK, NF-kB phosphorylation and COX-2 expression induced by AAPH, it also ameliorates the ROS-mediated inflammatory response.
4. Phellodendrine can reduce blood pressure and has antinephritis activity.
1. Coenzyme Q10 and alpha-lipoic acid act as potent antioxidants; treatment with coenzyme Q10 plus alpha-lipoic acid can significantly restore contractile responses to all forms of stimulation, treatment also has mitochondrial and neuronal effects and reduces protein nitration and carbonylation,demonstrates that coenzyme Q10 and alpha-lipoic acid supplementation can improve bladder function after outlet obstruction.
2. Coenzyme Q10 has neuroprotective effect in the cerebral ischemia via as a potent antioxidant and oxygen derived free radicals scavenger.
3. Treatment with coenzyme Q10 in patients with myocardial infarction (MI) may be beneficial in patients with high risk of atherothrombosis.
4. The combination of Coenzyme Q10 and creatine may be useful in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease and Huntington's Diseases.
5. Coenzyme Q10 supplementation improves endothelial function of conduit arteries of the peripheral circulation in dyslipidaemic patients with Type II diabetes, the mechanism could involve increased endothelial release and/or activity of nitric oxide due to improvement in vascular oxidative stress.
1. Astragaloside IV has been shown to protect the myocardium against ischemia/reperfusion injury, it also has beneficial effect in H/R-induced injury may be related to normalization of SR Ca2+ pump expression and, thus, it may prevent the depression in SR Ca2+ handling.
2. Astragaloside IV can reduce phosphorylation of JNK and ERK1/2 induced by complement membranous attack complex, the mechanism of Astragalus membranaceus in the treatment of membranous nephropathy (MN) may be related to its attenuation of podocyte injury through regulation of cytoskeleton and mitogen activated protein kinase.
3. Astragaloside IV can reduce blood pressure and triglyceride levels in fructose-fed rats and high dose of astragaloside IV also improves glucose tolerance and endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation, it may be useful in ameliorating food-induced metabolic syndrome.
4. Astragaloside IV attenuates inflammatory cytokines by inhibiting TLR4/NF-кB signaling pathway in isoproterenol-induced myocardial hypertrophy, and attenuates Toll-like receptor 4 expression via NF-κB pathway under high glucose condition in mesenchymal stem cells.
5. Astragaloside IV can inhibit adenovirus replication and apoptosis in A549 cells in vitro.
6. Astragaloside IV has anti-fibrotic effect against systemic sclerosis.