1. (+)-Bicuculline is GABAA-receptor antagonist.
2. (+)-Bicuculline is a kind of convulsant.
1. Tutin has human effect on CNS from ingestion of C. spp .
1. Trichodesmine has greater lethality and neurotoxicity than monocrotaline, because of the two structural characteristics:
(a) steric hindrance at position 14 of dehydroTrichodesmine results in greater resistance to hydrolysis, allowing more to be released from the liver and to be delivered to the brain;
(b) the larger isopropyl substituent at position 14 of dehydroTrichodesmine renders the molecule more lipophilic, leading to greater penetration of the brain.
1. Dencichine is a haemostatic agent present , it is also a reported neurotoxic agent found in Lathyrus sativus (grass pea seed).