1. Lucidone may possess antioxidant property and may be useful for the prevention of free radical-induced skin damage.
2. Lucidone has anti-melanogenic activity, is probably due to its inhibition of tyrosinase activity and the suppression of tyrosinase and MITF expression.
3. Lucidone has anti-inflammatory activity, might cause by the inhibition of iNOS and COX-2 expressions through the down-regulation of NF-κB and AP-1 binding activity.
1. Resveratrol has anti-insulin resistance characteristic.
2. Resveratrol reduces lipogenesis and ultimately normalized rhythmic expression of plasma lipids, possibly via its action on clock machinery.
3. Resveratrol regulates gene transcription via activation of the stimulus-regulated protein kinases Raf and ERK and the stimulus-responsive transcription factors TCF and Egr-1.
4. Resveratrol-induced anti-angiogenesis/pro-apoptosis induced suppression of PKG signaling and decreased expression of the cell-survival proteins c-IAP1, c-IAP2, livin and XIAP.
5. Resveratrol has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, can relieve As2 O3 -induced oxidative damage in normal human lung cells via maintenance of GSH homeostasis and suppression of apoptosis.
1. Tricin is evaluated as a type of tyrosinase inhibitor.
2. Tricin derivatives conveys allergy and inflammation treatment ability to Z. latifolia.
3. Tricin exerts anti-inflammatory effect via a mechanism involving the TLR4/NF-κB/STAT signaling cascade.
4. Tricin may be beneficial in HSC-targeting therapeutic or chemopreventive applications for hepatic fibrosis.
5. Tricin is a novel compound with potential anti-HCMV activity and that CXCL11 is one of the chemokines involved in HCMV replication.
1. An anti-oxidative composition containing isorhamnetin-3-glucoside-7-rhamnoside (IGR)isolated from Hippophae rhamnoides L. is provided to ensure antioxidative, antibacterial, and anti-cancer effect; a cosmetic composition for preventing or treating aging contains IGR compound as an active ingredient; a health food composition for antioxiaiton contains IGR as an active ingredient; a pharmaceutical composition for antibacterial and anticancer contains IGR as an active ingredient.