1. Palmatine hydrochloride can induce remarkable cell apoptosis ,significantly increase intracellular ROS level and significantly kill breast cancer MCF-7 cells; it also has potential in photodynamic therapy on colon adenocarcinoma.
2. Palmatine Hydrochloride has anti-C. albicans effect, the effect is mainly influenced by the growth rate constant (k(2)) and maximum power output P(m)(2) of phase II; it mixes with berberine hydrochloride elicit antifungal activities and could be used to treat M. canis in rabbits.
3. The quenching mechanism of palmatine hydrochloride (PMT)on bovine hemoglobin (BHb) is a static process, the electrostatic force played an important role in the conjugation reaction between BHb and PMT.
4. Palmatine Hydrochloride treatment can reduce blood sugar and oxidative stress in STZ induced diabetic rats.
1. Hypericin, a powerful naturally occurring photosensitizer, it can induce both apoptosis and necrosis in a concentration and light dose-dependent fashion.
2. Hypericin and pseudohypericin show potent antiretroviral activity including anti-human immunodeficiency virus, which could be attributable to the inhibition of some phosphorylation involved by protein kinase C during viral infection of cells.
3. Solubilized hypericin and pseudohypericin exert antidepressant activity in the forced swimming test.
4. Hypericin inhibits RANKL-mediated osteoclastogenesis via affecting ERK signalling in vitro and suppresses wear particle-induced osteolysis in vivo.
5. Hypericin may therefore exert its antitumor and apoptotic effects in MFC-7 cells via ADAMTS1 and ADAMTS3.
1. Pseudohypericin has antidepressant efficacy of St. John's wort.
1. Aloin A/B (1) and aloin-6'-O-acetate A/B (2) inhibited growth of several bacterial and fungal pathogens with minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) from 10 to 400 microg/mL and 800 to 1000 microg/mL.
1. 4-Chlorocinnamic acid is a photosensitive compound.
2. 2-Chlorocinnamic acid and 4-chlorocinnamic acid show potent urease inhibitory activities with the respective IC50 values of 0.66 and 1.10 uM.