1. Pseudohypericin and hypericin, the major photosensitizing constituents of Hypericum perforatum, have photocytotoxic effect .
2. Pseudohypericin has antiretroviral activity, it has potential therapeutic value in diseases such as AIDS.
3. Pseudohypericin can inhibit LPS-stimulated PGE2 and NO in mouse macrophages by potentiating suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3) expression, it has anti-tumor potential.
1. Sphondin has anti-inflammatory activity against airway inflammation.
2. Sphondin possesses an inhibitory effect on IL-1beta-induced increase in the level of COX-2 protein and PGE(2) release in A549 cells.