1. Pseudohypericin and hypericin, the major photosensitizing constituents of Hypericum perforatum, have photocytotoxic effect .
2. Pseudohypericin has antiretroviral activity, it has potential therapeutic value in diseases such as AIDS.
3. Pseudohypericin can inhibit LPS-stimulated PGE2 and NO in mouse macrophages by potentiating suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3) expression, it has anti-tumor potential.
1. Sphondin possesses an inhibitory effect on IL-1beta-induced increase in the level of COX-2 protein and PGE(2) release in A549 cells through suppression of NF-kappaB activity, it may have the therapeutic potential as an anti-inflammatory drug on airway inflammation.
2. Sphondin, 8-methoxypsoralen, and khellin have delayed phototoxic effects inAedes aegypti.
3. Sphondin has NO production inhibitory activity, due to the effect of iNOS expression, it may act as a potent inhibitor of NO production under tissue-damaging inflammatory conditions.
4. Sphondin may have anticonvulsant activity.
5. Sphondin shows anti-proliferative activity and causes G2/M arrest at concentrations of 0.05-15.0 uM, it may have anti-tumor effects.