1. Highest concentrations of (2R,3R)-(+)-glucodistylin, (2S,3S)-(-)-glucodistylin and 3-O-( -d-xylopyranosyl)taxifolin occur in European beeches can strongly infest with beech scale.
1. Cinnamic acid has phytotoxic activity.
2. Cinnamic acid has anti-diabetic activity by improving glucose tolerance in vivo and stimulating insulin secretion in vitro.
3. Cinnamic acid is cell differentiation inducer, protein isoprenylation inhibitor.
4. Cinnamic acid shows a significant radio-protective effect by reducing the DNA damage induced by X-rays.
5. Cinnamic acid is an effective anticancer and antioxidant constituents of traditional Chinese herbal medicines of Xuanshen (Radix scrophulariae), it can serve as protective agents in cancer prevention and treatment.
6. Cinnamic acids, one type of secondary plant substances found in detritus, inhibit feeding by detritivores, this inhibition occurs at concentrations found in nature and may be a major factor controlling the rate of decay of organic matter.
7. Cinnamic acid, 4-hydroxycinnamic acid and 4-methoxycinnamic acid strongly inhibit the diphenolase activity of mushroom tyrosinase and the inhibition is reversible, the IC 50 values are estimated to be 2.10, 0.50 and 0.42 mM, respectively.
1. Xanthinin is a plant growth-regulating compound from Xanthium pennsylvanicum.
2. Xanthinin is a phytotoxic xanthanolide, can inhibit the growth of plants.
1. Catechin shows its potential as biobased active packaging for fatty food.
2. Catechin exerts cardioprotection through treating many kinds of angiocardiopathy.
3. Catechin has UV-protective effect, the o/w emulsion of Catechin derivatives is probably useful as a cosmetic formulation with anti-aging efficacy.
4. Catechin effectively suppressed abdominal aorta ligation-induced CHF in rats, which was closely associated with its modulation on Th17 and Treg.
5. Green tea catechin, epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) functions as a powerful antioxidant, preventing oxidative damage in healthy cells, but also as an antiangiogenic and antitumor agent and as a modulator of tumor cell response to chemotherapy.
6. (+/-)-Catechin has phytotoxic and antimicrobial activity.
7. Catechins have antiviral effect on influenza virus, mediated not only by specific interaction with HA, but altering the physical properties of viral membrane.
8. Catechins, whether from tea or other sources, may reduce the risk of ischemic heart disease mortality but not of stroke.
1. Isoalantolactone has the capacity to inhibit tumor cell growth through induction of apoptosis, may be mediated through caspase-dependent apoptotic pathways, S phase arrest, inhibition of phosphorylation of PI3K/Akt, and downregulation of Bcr/Abl, suggests it may as a potential cancer therapeutic compound.