1. Ethylparaben is antifungal and antimicrobial agent.
2. Ethylparaben has a certain reproductive toxicity to F0 male Drosophila and Ethylparaben of high concentration can impact sustainable to offspring which has some facilitation effect on F1 Drosophila.
1. Forsythoside B inhibits inflammatory response,and has antioxidant properties.
(1) Potent neuroprotective effects with a favorable therapeutic time-window, reduce of cerebral ischemia and reperfusion injury degree, attenuating blood-brain barrier (BBB) breakdown;
(2) Rescued cardiac function from I/R injury.
2. Forsythoside B has antisepsis effect, is mediated by decreasing local and systemic levels of a wide spectrum of inflammatory mediators. Its antisepsis mechanism may be that Forsythoside B binds to LPS and reduces the biological activity of serum LPS, and inhibits NF-κB activition.
1. trans-Dihydromorin is an effective hypopigmenting agent in normal skin cells, hypopigmenting agents effective in melanoma system may not be effective on normal melanocytes, indicating that a non-tumor melanocyte system is more suitable for the screening of hypopigmenting agents.
2. Dihydromorin shows strong mushroom inhibitory activity with IC50 values lower than 50 microM, more potent than (IC50 = 71.6 microM), it may be as an antibrowning agent in food systems.
1. Carnosol functions as antioxidant and anticarcinogen, it suppresses the NO production and iNOS gene expression by inhibiting NF-kappaB activation, and provide possible mechanisms for its anti-inflammatory and chemopreventive action.
2. Carnosol can cause a significant decrease in both bacterial and yeast growth whilst, it may prove useful as a food antioxidant which could also contribute to the retardation of the microbial spoilage of foods.
3. Carnosol can restrict the invasive ability of B16/F10 mouse melanoma cells , it targets MMP-mediated cellular events in cancer cells .
4. Carnosol can prevent acute liver damage, possibly by improving the structural integrity of the hepatocytes, it can scavenge free radicals induced by CCl4, consequently avoiding the propagation of lipid peroxides.
5. Carnosol and carnosic acid inhibit adipocyte differentiation in mouse 3T3-L1 cells through induction of phase2 enzymes and activation of glutathione metabolism, they may be potential drugs against obesity-related diseases.
6. Carnosol and carnosic acid have anti-angiogenic activity, which could contribute to the chemopreventive, antitumoral and antimetastatic activities of them and suggests their potential in the treatment of other angiogenesis-related malignancies.
7. Carnosol may as a novel agonist of TRPA1 with an EC50 value of 12.46 uM, it exhibits anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive properties.
1. Sorbic acid is important food preservatives and powerful fungistatic agents.
2. Sorbic acid and acetic acid are among the weak organic acid preservatives most commonly used to improve the microbiological stability of foods.
3. Sorbic acid is a more potent uncoupler of the membrane potential than acetic acid. Together these effects may also slow the rate of ATP synthesis significantly and may thus (partially) explain Sorbic acid's effectiveness.