1. Ethylparaben is antifungal and antimicrobial agent.
2. Ethylparaben has a certain reproductive toxicity to F0 male Drosophila and Ethylparaben of high concentration can impact sustainable to offspring which has some facilitation effect on F1 Drosophila.
1. Forsythoside B inhibits inflammatory response,and has antioxidant properties.
(1) Potent neuroprotective effects with a favorable therapeutic time-window, reduce of cerebral ischemia and reperfusion injury degree, attenuating blood-brain barrier (BBB) breakdown;
(2) Rescued cardiac function from I/R injury.
2. Forsythoside B has antisepsis effect, is mediated by decreasing local and systemic levels of a wide spectrum of inflammatory mediators. Its antisepsis mechanism may be that Forsythoside B binds to LPS and reduces the biological activity of serum LPS, and inhibits NF-κB activition.
1. trans-Dihydromorin is an effective hypopigmenting agent in normal skin cells, hypopigmenting agents effective in melanoma system may not be effective on normal melanocytes, indicating that a non-tumor melanocyte system is more suitable for the screening of hypopigmenting agents.
2. Dihydromorin shows strong mushroom inhibitory activity with IC50 values lower than 50 microM, more potent than (IC50 = 71.6 microM), it may be as an antibrowning agent in food systems.
1. Carnosol has anti-oxidative,anti-inflammatory,antiproliferative and apoptosis inducing properties.
2. Carnosol enhances the sensitivity of chemoresistant cancer cells to chemotherapeutic agents.
3. Carnosol may as a novel agonist of TRPA1 with an EC50 value of 12.46 µM.
1. Sorbic acid is important food preservatives and powerful fungistatic agents.
2. Sorbic acid and acetic acid are among the weak organic acid preservatives most commonly used to improve the microbiological stability of foods.
3. Sorbic acid is a more potent uncoupler of the membrane potential than acetic acid. Together these effects may also slow the rate of ATP synthesis significantly and may thus (partially) explain Sorbic acid's effectiveness.