1. Astragaloside I has anti-gastric effect.
1. Astragaloside II is a potent MDR reversal agent and may be a potential adjunctive agent for hepatic cancer chemotherapy.
2. Astragaloside II induces osteogenic activities,proliferation, differentiation and mineralization, through the bone morphogenetic protein-2/MAPK and Smad1/5/8 pathways.
1. Monotropein has antinociceptive action.
2. Monotropein has anti-apoptosis and anti-catabolic activity in chondrocytes.
3. Monotropein has anti-inflammatory action by inhibition of the expressions of inflammatory mediators via NF-κB inactivation, and support its possible therapeutic role in colitis.
4. Monotrope ininhibit the expressions of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), and interleukin-1β (IL-1β) mRNA in LPS-induced RAW 264.7 macrophages.
1. Emodin-8-beta-D-glucoside functions to protect from focal cerebral injury induced by ischemia and reperfusion.
2. Emodin-8-beta-D-glucoside directly stimulates cell proliferation and differentiation of osteoblasts.BR/>
1. Icaritin has hormone regulation activity.
2. Icaritin has cardiovascular function improvement activity.
3. Icaritin has anticancer activity, can induce S phase arrest and apoptosis, inhibit ENKL cell proliferation.
4. Icaritin has anti-MM activity, mainly mediated by inhibiting IL-6/JAK2/STAT3 signaling.
5. Icariside II inhibits pre-osteoclast RAW264.7 growth , which maybe contribute to the efficiency of Herba Epimedii extract on curing bone-related diseases, such as osteoporosis.
6. Icaritin at low concentration (4 or 8 μmol/L) can promote rat chondrocyte proliferation and inhibit cell apoptosis, while the effect of Icaritin on rat chondrocyte at high concentration was reversed.