4-Hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde is an organic compound that occurs naturally in trace amounts, it possesses powerful antioxidant activity, in minimizing DNA damage, and activating survival signal Akt pathway, and it may be of value in the development of radioprotective compounds. It is used in pharmaceuticals, food, cosmetics, textiles, pulp and paper industries, and even in biological control applications.
Zingerone has anti-mutagenic, anti-carcinogenic, anti-obesity,anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory activities. Zingerone can be recommended as a supplement to shrimp feed to increase growth, immunity, and disease resistance against the pathogen, V.alginolyticus , use of zingerone as appetizer and immunostimulant in shrimp is promising. It could as potential phytotherapeutic agent which in future can be employed to formulate preventive strategies against biofilm associated infections caused by P.aeruginosa.
1. Rhoifolin and cosmosiin from red wendun leaves may be beneficial for diabetic complications through their enhanced adiponectin secretion, tyrosine phosphorylation of insulin receptor-β and GLUT4 translocation.
2. Rhoifolin has anti-inflammatory activity and increases the total antioxidant capacity in a reverse dose order, it can cause a time and reverse dose dependent reduction of carrageenin-induced rat paw oedema, significantly abrogate prostaglandin E2 level, significantly diminish the TNF-a release in the inflammatory exudates.
3. Rhoifolin could be used as an ideal anticancer agent, it discriminates between cancerous and non cancerous cell as it kills only the former one, so the side effects which may appear during chemotherapy could be overcome.
4. Rhoifolin has a radioprotective effect against radiation-induced decrease of blood platelets and cardiac biochemical lesions in whole body irradiated mice.
5. Rhoifolin has protective effect against hepatic injury induced by triptolide.
6. Rhoifolin shows monolithic proliferation inhibitory activities against Hela, A549 and MCF-7 cell lines.
1. Ciwujianoside B may enhance reuse of choline to accelerate the synthesis of acetylcholine in hippocampal neurons by activation of cholinesterase.
2. Ciwujianoside B can relieve fatigue, enhance memory, and improve human cognition.
3. Ciwujianoside B may inhibit the metabolism of drugs metabolized via CYP2C9 and CYP2E1.
4. Ciwujianoside B may increase the toxicity of the drugs.
5. Ciwujianoside B has inhibitory effects on apoptosis induced by MIRI and cardiomyocytes apoptosis induced by H 2 O 2 in rats.
6. Ciwujianoside B shows radioprotective effects on the hematopoietic system in mice, which is associated with changes in the cell cycle, a reduction in DNA damage, and down-regulation of the ratio of Bax/Bcl-2 in bone marrow cells exposed to radiation.
1. Orientin may be regarded as a candidate therapeutic agent for treatment of vascular inflammatory diseases via inhibition of the HMGB1 signaling pathway.
2. Orientin protects vascular barrier integrity by inhibiting hyperpermeability, expression of CAMs, and adhesion and migration of leukocytes, thereby endorsing its usefulness as a therapy for vascular inflammatory diseases.
3. Orientin has neuroprotection effect by the intracellular mediation of caspase activity; may alleviate cognitive deficits and oxidative stress in AD mice; can exert antidepressant-like effects on CUMS mice, specifically by improving central oxidative stress, neurotransmission, and neuroplasticity.
4. Orientin has good antioxidative activity, it can protect mice against radiation injury, free radical scavenging appears to be a likely mechanism of radiation protection.
5. Orientin protects H9c2 cardio-mytocytes against I/R-induced apoptosis by modulating the mPTP opening, and this role of orientin may involve the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway.
6. Orientin inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells, it can decrease C/EBPα and PPARγ protein expression level in 3T3-L1 cells.