4-Hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde is an organic compound that occurs naturally in trace amounts, it possesses powerful antioxidant activity, in minimizing DNA damage, and activating survival signal Akt pathway, and it may be of value in the development of radioprotective compounds. It is used in pharmaceuticals, food, cosmetics, textiles, pulp and paper industries, and even in biological control applications.
Zingerone has anti-mutagenic, anti-carcinogenic, anti-obesity,anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory activities. Zingerone can be recommended as a supplement to shrimp feed to increase growth, immunity, and disease resistance against the pathogen, V.alginolyticus , use of zingerone as appetizer and immunostimulant in shrimp is promising. It could as potential phytotherapeutic agent which in future can be employed to formulate preventive strategies against biofilm associated infections caused by P.aeruginosa.
Rhoifolin possesses a variety of significant biological activities including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective and anticancer effects, it may be beneficial for diabetic complications through its enhanced adiponectin secretion, tyrosine phosphorylation of insulin receptor-β and GLUT4 translocation. Rhoifolin has a radioprotective effect against radiation-induced decrease of blood platelets and cardiac biochemical lesions in whole body irradiated mice.
1. Ciwujianoside B may enhance reuse of choline to accelerate the synthesis of acetylcholine in hippocampal neurons by activation of cholinesterase.
2. Ciwujianoside B can relieve fatigue, enhance memory, and improve human cognition.
3. Ciwujianoside B may inhibit the metabolism of drugs metabolized via CYP2C9 and CYP2E1.
4. Ciwujianoside B may increase the toxicity of the drugs.
5. Ciwujianoside B has inhibitory effects on apoptosis induced by MIRI and cardiomyocytes apoptosis induced by H 2 O 2 in rats.
6. Ciwujianoside B shows radioprotective effects on the hematopoietic system in mice, which is associated with changes in the cell cycle, a reduction in DNA damage, and down-regulation of the ratio of Bax/Bcl-2 in bone marrow cells exposed to radiation.
Orientin has various activities including anti-oxidant, anti-aging, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammation, vasodilatation and cardioprotective, antiadipogenesis, antinociceptive, radiation protective, neuroprotective, and antidepressant-like effects. Orientin protects H9c2 cardio-mytocytes against I/R-induced apoptosis by modulating the mPTP opening, and this role of orientin may involve the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway; it also can decrease C/EBPα and PPARγ protein expression level in 3T3-L1 cells.