1. Scoparinol has sedative action.
2. Scoparinol has anti-inflammatory activity.
3. Scoparinol has significant analgesic activity.
4. Scoparinol has significant diuretic action.
1. Betaine is an important nutrient for the prevention of chronic disease.
2. Betaine is an osmolyte to protect cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress (eg, low water, high salinity, or extreme temperature).
3. Betaine is a methyl donor to participate in the methionine cycle—primarily in the human liver and kidneys.
4. Betaine can protect internal organs, improve vascular risk factors, and enhance performance.
1. Tetrahydropalmatine reduces heroin craving and increasing the abstinence rate among heroin-dependent patients.
2. Tetrahydropalmatine depletes neurotransmitters such as dopamine, noradrenaline and serotonin. L-Tetrahydropalmatine is an inhibitor of D3DR and SR-1A.
1. Neferine has anti-tumor activities , Metabolic activation mediated by CYP3A4 and GSH depletion enhanced Neferine-induced cytotoxicity.
2. Neferine can be helpful to increase the efficacy of DOX and to achieve anticancer synergism by curbing the toxicity.
3. Neferine inhibited high glucose-induced endothelial apoptosis via blocking ROS/Akt/NF-κB pathway, which provides the evidence for using Neferine to treat diabetic vasculopathy.
4. Neferine induced apoptosis in a dose-dependent manner with the hypergeneration of reactive oxygen species, activation of MAPKs, lipid peroxidation, depletion of cellular antioxidant pool, loss of mitochondrial membrane potential, and intracellular calcium accumulation.
1. Linalool, a natural compound of the essential oils, has been shown to have antinociceptive, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Linalool was protected against LPS/GalN-induced liver injury through induction of antioxidant defense via Nrf2 activating and reduction inflammatory response via NF-κB inhibition.
3. Linalool biosynthesis and accumulation might be involved in plant defense against bacterial and fungal pathogens and be associated with field resistance to citrus canker.
4. Linalool significantly increased the expression of antioxidant enzymes regulated by Nrf-2 and diminished lung tissue levels of several pro-inflammatory cytokines, including tumor necrosis factor α (TNF-α) and interleukin (IL)-6.