1. Euscaphic acid has anti-diabetic activity.
2. Euscaphic acid induces death by activation of caspase-3, dependent apoptotic pathway.
3. Euscaphic acid and tormentic acid have inhibitory effect on high fat diet-induced obesity in the rat.
4. Euscaphic acid has anti-contraction effects on rat’s aortic smooth muscle.
5. Euscaphic acid has anti-inflammatory activity, inhibits LPS-induced inflammatory responses by interference with the clustering of TRAF6 with IRAK1 and TAK1, resulting in blocking the activation of IKK and MAPKs signal transduction to downregulate NF-κB activations.