1. Rebaudioside A is approximately 250 to 300 times sweeter than sucrose.
2. High purity rebaudioside A is safe for human consumption under its intended conditions of use as a general purpose sweetener.
3. Rebaudioside A do not contribute calories or carbohydrates to the diet and do not affect blood glucose or insulin response.
1. Neohesperidin is a natural new nutrition sweetener, widely existing in plants of dry citrus peel, is particularly suitable for consumption by diabetic patients.
2. Neohesperidin exhibits antioxidant activity (IC50=22.31ug/mL) in the 1,1-diphenyl -2-picryldydrazyl (DPPH) radical-scavenging assay; neohesperidin (50mg/kg) significantly inhibits 55.0% of HCl/ethanol-induced gastric lesions, and increases the mucus content, it may be useful for the treatment and/or protection of gastritis.  3. Neohesperidin can attenuate cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury via the inhibition of neuronal and oxidative stress through the regulation of the apoptotic pathway and activating the Akt/Nrf2/HO-1 pathway.
4. Neohesperidin and hesperidin have potent anti-inflammatory effects in various inflammatory models, they significantly aggravate gastric damage caused by indomethacin administration as evidenced by increased ulcer index and histopathological changes of stomach.
5. Neohesperidin, Albiflorin, and Aloeemodin have a potent inhibitory effect on Aβ1-40 and Aβ1-42 aggregation, and have neuroprotective effect on primary hippocampal cells against β-Amyloid induced toxicity.
1. Xylitol inhibits salivary lysozyme activity.
2. Xylitol is a widely used anti-caries agent that has anti-inflammatory effects.
3. Xylitol has potential in therapy against lung cancer by inhibiting cell proliferation and inducing autophagy of A549 cells, inhibits the growth of Streptococcus pneumoniae.
4. Xylitol, a commonly used sweetener, it can inhibit the growth of pneumococci, it is effective in preventing otitis media and decreasing the need for antimicrobials when xylitol sugar given in a syrup or chewing gum.
1. Stevioside is a safe natural sweetener, has no allergic reactions, suited for both diabetics, and PKU patients, as well as for obese persons intending to lose weight by avoiding sugar supplements in the diet.
2. Stevioside exerts anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic properties by inhibiting the release of cytokines and the activation of TLR2 and proteins of the NF-κB and MAPK signaling pathways, as well as caspase-3 and Bax.
3. Stevioside and steviol attenuate LPS-induced pro-inflammatory cytokine productions by affecting cytokine gene expression via IκBα/NF-κB signalling pathway.
4. Stevioside enjoys a dual positive effect by acting as an antihyperglycemic and a blood pressure-lowering substance; effects that may have therapeutic potential in the treatment of type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome.
1. Erythritol is a biological sweetener with applications in food and pharmaceutical industries, it is also used as a functional sugar substitute in special foods for people with diabetes and obesity because of its unique nutritional properties.
2. Erythritol consumption acutely improved small vessel endothelial function, and chronic treatment reduced central aortic stiffness, may be as a preferred sugar substitute for patients with diabetes mellitus.