1. Xylitol inhibits salivary lysozyme activity.
2. Xylitol is a widely used anti-caries agent that has anti-inflammatory effects.
3. Xylitol has potential in therapy against lung cancer by inhibiting cell proliferation and inducing autophagy of A549 cells, inhibits the growth of Streptococcus pneumoniae.
4. Xylitol, a commonly used sweetener, it can inhibit the growth of pneumococci, it is effective in preventing otitis media and decreasing the need for antimicrobials when xylitol sugar given in a syrup or chewing gum.
1. Guaijaverin is a urease inhibitor.
2. Guaijaverin has antioxidant activity.
3. Guaijaverin demonstrates high potential antiplaque agent by inhibiting the growth of the Strep. Mutans.
4. Guaijaverin and avicularin are the major bioactive components in guava leaves with hypoglycemic activity and inhibitory capacity against free fatty acid release.
5. Guaijaverin (IC(50)=0.18 microM) shows an inhibitory effect on rat lens aldose reductase.
Sanguinarine possesses anticancer, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties, it has therapeutic potential in preventing the neurodegenerative diseases, it may be used to develop a potential therapeutic drug for treating cardiac remodeling and heart failure and shows protective effects on teeth and alveolar bone health. Sanguinarine can inhibit osteoclast formation and bone resorption via suppressing RANKL-induced activation of NF-κB and ERK signaling pathways, and can protect against cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis via inhibiting NF-κB activation.
1. Terpineol and cineole, acting synergistically to enhance the transdermal delivery of huperzine A from microemulsions, might provide an alternative permeation enhancer combination for the transdermal delivery of huperzine A.
2. α-Terpineol possesses antifungal activity against Trichophyton mentagrophytes.
3. α-Terpineol and linalool exhibit strong antimicrobial activity against periodontopathic and cariogenic bacteria; their concentration should be kept below 0.4 mg/ml if they are to be used as components of toothpaste or gargling solution.
4. α-Terpineol shows anticonvulsant activity.
5. α-Terpineol shows anti-inflammatory effect on IL-6 formation, it inhibits the gene expression of the IL-6 receptor.
1. 6,8-Diprenylgenistein has antimicrobial activity .
2. 6,8-Diprenylgenistein has anti-bacteria activity against Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria.