1. Sodium danshensu inhibits phenylephrine- and CaCl(2)-induced vasoconstriction in Ca(2+)-free medium.
1. Formononetin has neuronal protective effect ,by increasing soluble-AβPPα (sAβPPα) secretion mainly conducted by upregulating ADAM10 expression at the transcriptional level.
2. Formononetin causes vasodilatation via endothelium-independent pathway and endothelium-dependent pathway of releasing NO.
3. Formononetin can significantly increase growth factors, such as transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-β1), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs).
4. Formononetin promotes endothelial repair and wound healing in a process involving the over-expression of Egr-1 transcription factor through the regulation of the ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK pathways.
1. Hypophyllanthin can directly inhibit P-gp activity and did not interfere with MRP2 activity, it may reversibly inhibit P-gp function.
2. Hypophyllanthin can modulate the vascular tension via the endothelium-independent mechanisms.