|Source:||The roots of Lithosperraum erythrorhizon Sieb. et Zucc.|
|Biological Activity or Inhibitors:|| 1. Acetylshikonin exhibits weak cytotoxicity against human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) with IC50 of over 20 microM, exhibits the antiangiogenic and antitumorigenic effects by suppressing proliferation and angiogenic factors.
2. Acetylshikonin inhibits the generation of NADPH oxidase complex in the activation of respiratory burst of PMNs, but does not directly inhibit the activity of NADPH oxidase already generated.
3. Certain shikonin derivatives(such as Acetyl shikonin) act as modulators of the Nur77-mediated apoptotic pathway and identify a new shikonin-based lead that targets Nur77 for apoptosis induction.
4. Acetylshikonin, shikonin, and alkannin have accelerative effect on the proliferation of granulation tissue in rats.
5. Acetylshikonin has inhibitory effect on the edematous response is due neither to the release of steroid hormones from the adrenal gland nor to the glucocorticoid activity, but probably partly to the suppression of mast cell degranulation and partly to protection of the vasculature from mediator challenge.
6. Acetylshikonin induces apoptosis of hepatitis B virus X protein-expressing human hepatocellular carcinoma cells via endoplasmic reticulum stress.
|Solvent:||Chloroform, Dichloromethane, Ethyl Acetate, DMSO, Acetone, etc.|
|Storage:||Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 24 months(2-8C).
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20C. Generally, these will be useable for up to two weeks. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|After receiving:||The packaging of the product may have turned upside down during transportation, resulting in the natural compounds adhering to the neck or cap of the vial. take the vial out of its packaging and gently shake to let the compounds fall to the bottom of the vial. for liquid products, centrifuge at 200-500 RPM to gather the liquid at the bottom of the vial. try to avoid loss or contamination during handling.|
|1 mg||5 mg||10 mg||20 mg||25 mg|
|1 mM||3.0273 mL||15.1364 mL||30.2728 mL||60.5455 mL||75.6819 mL|
|5 mM||0.6055 mL||3.0273 mL||6.0546 mL||12.1091 mL||15.1364 mL|
|10 mM||0.3027 mL||1.5136 mL||3.0273 mL||6.0546 mL||7.5682 mL|
|50 mM||0.0605 mL||0.3027 mL||0.6055 mL||1.2109 mL||1.5136 mL|
|100 mM||0.0303 mL||0.1514 mL||0.3027 mL||0.6055 mL||0.7568 mL|
|Anti-inflammatory activity of shikonin derivatives from Arnebia hispidissima.[Pubmed: 12834001]|
|Arnebia hispidissima ethanolic extract, after chromatography, yielded a number of shikonin derivatives, which were identified as arnebin-5, arnebin-6, teracryl shikonin, arnebinone and Acetyl shikonin. All these compounds were firstly reported from this plant species and evaluated to the anti-inflammatory activity of ethanolic extract and isolated shikonin derivatives, models with carrageenan-induced paw edema and complete Freund's adjuvant (CFA)-induced chronic arthritis in rats were conducted. The observed results indicated that pre-treatment with arnebinone significantly inhibited the carrageenan-induced paw edema and also suppressed the development of chronic arthritis induced by CFA.|
Biol. Pharmaceut. Bull., 1994, 17(8):1075-7.
|Accelerative effect of shikonin, alkannin and acetylshikonin on the proliferation of granulation tissue in rats.[Pubmed: 7820111]|
|The present study was carried out to compare the accelerative effect of shikonin (R-type), alkannin (S-type), and acetylshikonin on the proliferation of granulation tissue in rats, and to elucidate the correlation between the potency of the effect and their optical activity. Koushikon mainly contained the R-type of acetylshikonin, and Nanshikon mainly contained the S-type of acetylshikonin. Each compound produced a dose-dependent acceleration of the cotton pellet-induced granuloma formation. In comparing identical doses of shikonin, alkannin and acetylshikonin, the potency of their accelerative effects on the proliferation of granulation tissue was about the same. This result suggests that their absolute configurations (R-type or S-type) and their acetylation on the hydroxy group of the sidechain of shikonin or alkannin may not be important in producing the effect.|