1. Nicotine is ganglion blocking agent.
2. Nicotine is horticultural insecticide.
3. Nicotine is used in chewing gum and transdermally in cigarette smoking cessation programmes.
4. Nicotine is a potent inhibitor of cardiac A-type K+ channels, with blockade probably due to block of closed and open channels, may affect cardiac electrophysiology and induce arrhythmias.
1. Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside was cytoprotective in an in vitro model of iron overload induced redox-inflammatory damage.
2. Synthetic Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside at 25 mg/kg b.w., exerts anti hyperglycemic effect by preventing the liver from peroxidation damage through inhibition of ROS level mediated increased level of enzymatic and non-enzymatic antioxidants.
3. Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside has renoprotective effects in HFD/STZ-induced DN in rats through correction of hyperglycemia.
(1) Attenuation of oxidative/nitrosative stress markers;
(2) Downregulation of renal expressions of inflammatory markers NF-κB, TNF-α, and iNOS;
(3) Along with upregulation of renal expressions of antiapoptotic markers survivin and Bcl-2;
(4) Maintain tissue function which results in improving the sensitivity and response of target cells in STZ-induced diabetic rats to insulin.
1.Madecassoside protects neuroprotective, stroke damage and D-gal-induced cognitive impairment due to its ability to reduce oxidative damage, improve synaptic plasticity and restore cholinergic function.
2.Madecassoside has anti-arthritis properties not by absorption into blood or by its metabolite, but through an intestine-dependent manner.
1. Beta-Sitosterol has anti-hypercholesterolaemic,antioxidant,estrogenic, hypolipidaemic,antibacterial and antifungal effects.
2. Beta-Sitosterol inhibits growth of HT-29 human colon cancer cells by activating the sphingomyelin cycle.
1. Cornin induces angiogenesis in vitro via a programmed PI3K/Akt/eNOS/VEGF signaling axis.
2. Cornin has protective potential against cerebral ischemia injury and its protective effects may be due to amelioration of cerebral mitochondrial function and its antioxidant property.