1. (-)-Gallocatechin gallate can precipitate cholesterol.
2. (-)-Gallocatechin gallate decreasees osteoclastogenesis at 20 microM.
3. (-)-Gallocatechin gallate inhibits production and extracellular release of maltose binding protein and a periplasmic protein into the culture supernatant.
1. Ginkgolide C is a potent inhibitor of collagen-stimulated platelet aggregation, it may increase intracellular cAMP and cGMP production and MMP-9 activity, inhibit intracellular Ca(2+) mobilization and TXA(2) production, thereby leading to inhibition of platelet aggregation, it may be a suitable tool for a negative regulator during platelet activation.
2. Ginkgolide C has anti-adipogenic effect, it is an effective flavone for increasing lipolysis and inhibiting adipogenesis in adipocytes through the activated AMPK pathway.
3. Ginkgolide C can increase△LVP significantly,enhances the myocardial systolic and diastolic function of rats,but has no significant effect on HR while it shows inotropic activity.
1. Ginsenoside F2 has the anti-cancer activity, it induces apoptosis in breast cancer stem cells (CSCs) by activating the intrinsic apoptotic pathway and mitochondrial dysfunction, also induces the formation of acidic vesicular organelles, recruitment of GFP-LC3-II to autophagosomes, and elevation of Atg-7 levels, suggests that F2 initiates an autophagic progression in breast CSCs.
2. Ginsenoside F2 suppresses hair cell apoptosis and premature entry to catagen more effectively than finasteride, it decreases the expression of TGF-β2 and SCAP proteins, this study provides evidence those factors in the SCAP pathway could be targets for hair loss prevention drugs.
3. Ginsenoside F2 could be a new potential chemotherapeutic drug for glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) treatment by inhibiting the growth and invasion of cancer, the anticancer activity might be mediated through inhibition of proliferation judged by Ki67 and apoptosis induced by activation of caspase-3 and -8.
4. Ginsenoside F2 may reduce obesity via the inhibition of adipogenesis in the 3T3-L1 cell line.
1. 6-Gingerol may as an antioxidant to protect HL-60 cells from oxidative stress.
2. 6-Gingerol has protective effects for cancerous tumors in the bowel,breast tissue, ovaries,the pancreas,among other tissues.
3. 6-Gingerol may reduce nausea caused by motion sickness or pregnancy and may also relieve migraine.
4. 6-Gingerol has been used to induce a hypothermic state in rats and build an animal model of rheumatoid arthritis.
1. Ginsenoside Rh1 displays hypoallergenic and antiinflammatory properties, via its cell membrane-stabilizing and anti-inflammatory activities which reduction of IgE and IL-6 levels in peripheral blood and increase of Foxp3 expression in draining lymph nodes and suppression of inflammation in skin regions.
2. Ginsenoside Rh1 is a weak phytoestrogen, presumably by binding and activating the estrogen receptor.