1. Bakuchiol possesses anti-tumor,and anti-helmenthic properties.
2. Bakuchiol has cytotoxic activity, mainly due to its DNA polymerase1 inhibiting activity.
3. Bakuchiol has anti-bacterial activity against oral pathogens, has great potential for use in food additives and mouthwash for preventing and treating dental caries.
1. Monotropein has anti-inflammatory activity, it exerts protective effects against IL-1β-induced apoptosis and catabolic responses on osteoarthritis chondrocytes.
2. Monotropein contributes to the antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory action of Morinda officinalis root, monotropein (at 20, 30 mg/kg/d, p.o.) can significantly reduce stretching episodes and prolong action time in mice, it also can significantly reduce acute paw edema by carrageenan in rats.
3. Monotropein can increase osteoblastic bone formation and prevent bone loss in ovariectomized mice, it may serve as a new candidate or a leading compound for antiosteoporosis.
1. Velutin has anti-inflammatory property.
2. Velutin exhibits the greatest potency among all flavones in reducing TNF-α and IL-6 production.
3. Velutin shows the strongest inhibitory effect in nuclear factor (NF)-κB activation and exhibits the greatest effects in blocking the degradation of inhibitor of NF-κB as well as in inhibiting mitogen-activated protein kinase p38 and JNK phosphorylation.
1. Harpagoside has anti-inflammatory activity.
2. Harpagoside at 3 mM concentration, shows moderate inhibition of seed germination.
3. Harpagoside can inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced mRNA levels and protein expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide in HepG2 cells.
1. Vitamin D3 induces changes in human PBMCs can be described by transcriptomic and serum biomarkers and allow a segregation into high and low responders.
2. Vitamin D3 is a pleiotropic signaling molecule that has via activation of the transcription factor vitamin D receptor (VDR) a direct effect on the expression of more than 100 genes.
3. Supplemental calcium and Vitamin D3 may increase TGFβ1 expression and shift TGFα expression downward from the differentiation to the proliferation zone in the crypts in the normal-appearing colorectal mucosa of sporadic colorectal adenoma patients.