Tetrahydropalmatine, a plant alkaloid used as an ingredient in dietary supplement products, is a potent and selective D1 receptor antagonist. Tetrahydropalmatine shows a promyogenic effect by upregulation of p38MAPK, Akt resulting in enhanced MyoD activation, it can effectively protect endothelial cells against γ-irradiation injury. Tetrahydropalmatine has a potential as a therapeutic candidate to prevent fibrosis and improve muscle regeneration and repair and applied to the prevention of endothelial cell dysfunctions associated with ionizing irradiation-induced lung injury.
1. Ibogaine has the propensity to prolong the QT interval of the electrocardiogram in humans, may generate life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias .
2. Ibogaine has promising anti-addictive property in animals.
1. L-Stepholidine, which has dual actions on dopamine D1 and D2 receptors, attenuates heroin self-administration and cue-induced reinstatement.
2. L-Stepholidine elicits anti-dyskinesia effects via both dopamine (D(2) receptor antagonistic activity) and nondopamine (5-HT(1A) agonistic activity) mechanisms.
1. l-isocorypalmine (l-ICP), l-ICP likely acts as a D1 partial agonist and a D2 antagonist to produce its in vivo effects and may be a promising agent for treatment of cocaine addiction.
2. (-)-Isocorypalmine has significant antifungal activity.