1. 6'-O-caffeoylarbutin may serve as a skin-whitening ingredient with the merits of potent melanin inhibition,less toxicity and reversible melanin synthesis after stopping use.
Salidroside is a prolyl endopeptidase inhibitor, which has cardioprotective, antidiabetic,antidepressant, anxiolytic, anti-tumor, and antioxidant actions. Salidroside alleviates cachexia symptoms in mouse models of cancer cachexia via activating mTOR signalling. It alleviates the pulmonary symptoms of paraquat-induced acute lung injury, at least partially, by repressing inflammatory cell infiltration and the expression of TGF-β1 resulting in delayed lung fibrosis; and it has protective effect against hypoxia-induced cardiomyocytes necrosis and apoptosis by increasing HIF-1α expression and subsequently up-regulating VEGF levels. It may be a potential therapeutic agent for treating or preventing neurodegenerative diseases implicated with oxidative stress.
Rosavin possesses anti-fatigue, antidepressant and anxiolytic activities, it decreased neovascular reaction on cutaneous angiogenesis induced in mice after grafting of syngeneic tumor cells.
1. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 has anti-aging and antifatigue activities.
2. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 shows significant effect on the differential expression of cell signaling genes and other related genes in human lung cell line A549.
3. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 and PEG-PLGA-Rg3 nanoparticles can supress the tumor angiogenesis in vivo,which is perhaps related to the inhibition of expression in MMP-9,HIF-1α,VEGF,IL-1,IL-6 and TNF-α.
4. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 has anticarcinogenic effects on Induced Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Rats.
5. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 elicits a significant inhibition of in vitro cell adhesion and invasion of U87 cells, is attributed to its decreasing the enzymatic activity of MMP-2.
6. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 can restrain A549/DDP cell invasion and metastasis,and it may have relationship with the upregulation of nm23;Rg3 can enhance the A549/DDP cell chemosensitivity to cisplatin,and it may have relationship with the upregulation of caspase-3 and the cell membrane lipid fluidity decreased.
7. 20(R)-ginsenoside Rg3 exerts a neuroprotective effect on a rat model of transient focal cerebral ischemia.
1. Agomelatine has at least similar efficacy to that of escitalopram for the short-term treatment of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and is well tolerated.
2. Agomelatine is a melatonin (MT) analogue with agonistic properties and has been proven to be effective for various types of depressive symptoms.
3. Agomelatine treatment could represent a novel useful approach to the clinical care of subjects with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).
4. Agomelatine has anticonvulsant activity shown in pentylenetetrazole(PTZ)‐ or pilocarpine-induced seizure models.
5. Agomelatine administration protects liver cells from paracetamol-induced hepatotoxicity via antioxidant activity and reduced proinflammatory cytokines, such as TNF-α and IL-6.