1. Nicotine is ganglion blocking agent.
2. Nicotine is horticultural insecticide.
3. Nicotine is used in chewing gum and transdermally in cigarette smoking cessation programmes.
4. Nicotine is a potent inhibitor of cardiac A-type K+ channels, with blockade probably due to block of closed and open channels, may affect cardiac electrophysiology and induce arrhythmias.
1. Levistilide A inhibits liver fibrosis and angiogenesis.
1.Lathyrol diterpenes is a modulator of P-glycoprotein dependent multidrug resistance.
1. Epoxylathyrol derivatives have modulation of ABCB1-mediated multidrug resistance in human colon adenocarcinoma and mouse T-Lymphoma cells.
1. Isobavachalcone has relatively specific for cancer cells.
2. Isobavachalcone has potent anti-inflammatory activity, possible can ameliorate neuronal injury in brain diseases associated with inflammation.
3. Isobavachalcone significantly inhibits both oligomerization and fibrillization of Aβ42, whereas bavachinin inhibits fibrillization and leads to off-pathway aggregation.