1. Polydatin is a mitochondria protector for acute severe hemorrhagic shock treatment, the neuronal mitochondrial injury is involved in the genesis of severe shock and polydatin may be the best choice for protection of neuron against mitochondrial injury in severe shock.
2. Polydatin has favorable potency to develop a hypolipemic and/or hepatoprotective agent in clinic.
3. Polydatin has a protective effect against ischemia/reperfusion injury in rat heart, the cardioprotection of polydatin is mainly mediated by cNOS which leading to an increase in NO production.
4. Polydatin is a natural precursor of resveratrol, it can induce β-defensin production and reduce inflammatory response, they reinforce cytoprotective response in stress conditions and suggest their use in cosmetic or pharmaceutical preparations.
5. Polydatin modulates inflammation by decreasing NF-κB activation and oxidative stress by increasing Gli1, Ptch1, SOD1 expression and ameliorates blood-brain barrier permeability for its neuroprotective effect in pMCAO rat brain.
6. Polydatin has antioxidant activity.
7. Polydatin inhibits growth of lung cancer cells by inducing apoptosis and causing cell cycle arrest.
1. Coptisine chloride can be absorbed across intestinal epithelial cells, and completely absorbed compounds.
2. Coptisine exerts pronounced cardioprotection in rats subjected to myocardial I/R likely through suppressing myocardial apoptosis and inflammation by inhibiting the Rho/ROCK pathway, suggests that it protects rat heart against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury by suppressing myocardial apoptosis and inflammation.
1. Schisantherin A is a mechanism-based inhibitor that not only competitively inhibits but irreversibly inactivates CYP3A4.
2. Schisantherin A has anti-hepatotoxic, antioxidant and anti-tumoural activities.
1. Ginsenoside Rb3 possesses the effect against isoproterenol-induced myocardial injury and heart function impairment, by antioxidant activity of ginsenosideRb3.
2. Ginsenoside Rb3 could markedly protected OGD-Rep induced ischemic injury via its suppression of the intracellular Ca2+ elevation and inhibition of apoptosis and caspase activity.
1. Protopanaxdiol has the effect of anti-tumor through increasing the activity of body immunity, inhibiting tumor interstitial microvascular density and its proliferation activity, improving the lymphocyte transformation, the activity of NK cells and the contents of IL-2 significantly.
2. Protopanaxdiol prevents and heals obesity, fatty liver and hypertriglyceridemia in mice fed with a high-fat diet.