1. Protopine can reduce the inflammatory activity of lipopolysaccharide-stimulated murine macrophages, the inhibitory effects is caused by blocking phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAP kinases) and also blocking activation of a nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells (NF-κB).
2. Protopine acts as a potent inhibitor of thromboxane synthesis and PAF with anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Protopine has protective effects on hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative injury of PC12 cells via Ca 2+ antagonism and antioxidant mechanisms.
4. Protopine has hepatoprotective potential of Fumaria indica Pugsley whole plant extracts.
5. Protopine inhibits serotonin transporter and noradrenaline transporter and has the antidepressant-like effect in mice models.
6. Protopine has antispasmodic and relaxant activity on isolated guinea-pig ileum.
7. Protopine, a novel microtubule-stabilizing agent, causes mitotic arrest and apoptotic cell death in human hormone-refractory prostate cancer cell lines.
1. Daidzin is a potent, selective aldehyde dehydrogenase inhibitor, selectively suppresses ethanol intake in all rodent models tested..
2. Daidzin regulates oxidative stress, was closely related to the suppression of adipose tissue and the progression of diabetes.
3. Daidzin has preventive effect on bone loss in ovariectomized rats appears to be due to suppression of bone turnover.
4. Daidzin in the rhizome of Pueraria lobata are prodrugs, which has antiallergic and antithrombotic activities, can inhibit ADP- and collagen-induced platelet aggregation, produced by intestinal microflora.
5. Daidzin and puerarin can induce a conformational change of beta-CD, which is compressed in one direction and stretched in the other.
1. Curdione may have anti-inflammatory and cancer chemopreventive activities.
2. Curdione can induce the apoptosis of the human breast cancer cell line MCF-7,and block the cells at G1/G0 phase,thereby inhibiting the proliferation of MCF-7 cells;and both mitochondrial pathway and death receptor pathway participate in the process to induce the apoptosis.
3. Curdione shows significant anti-platelet aggregation and antithrombotic activities , the inhibitory mechanism of curdione on platelet aggregation may increase cAMP levels and subsequently inhibit intracellular Ca2+ mobilization.
4. Curdione plays an important role in the CYP3A4 inhibitory activity of C. aromatica and curdione might inhibit the activity by accelerating the degradation of CYP3A4.
1. Coumarin is a potent inducer of aflatoxin B1-aldehyde reductase, has chemoprevention of aflatoxin B1 hepatocarcinogenesis.
2,. Coumarin is an anticoagulant drug.
3. Coumarin has antiulcerogenic activity, it may influence the secretion control mediated by the parasympathetic system.
4. Coumarin and 3-hydroxycoumarin can be a promising class of photoprotective drugs.
1. Liensinine and neferine can antagonize the ventricular arrhythmias, have inhibition of human ether-a-go-go-related gene (hERG).
2. Liensinine inhibits late-stage autophagy/mitophagy through blocking autophagosome- lysosome fusion, it could potentially be further developed as a novel autophagy/mitophagy inhibitor, and a combination of liensinine with classical chemotherapeutic drugs could represent a novel therapeutic strategy for treatment of breast cancer.
3. Liensinine exerts remarkable effect against thrombosis and possesses strong effect against platelet aggregation and coagulation.