1. Protopine can reduce the inflammatory activity of lipopolysaccharide-stimulated murine macrophages, the inhibitory effects is caused by blocking phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAP kinases) and also blocking activation of a nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells (NF-κB).
2. Protopine acts as a potent inhibitor of thromboxane synthesis and PAF with anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Protopine has protective effects on hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative injury of PC12 cells via Ca 2+ antagonism and antioxidant mechanisms.
4. Protopine has hepatoprotective potential of Fumaria indica Pugsley whole plant extracts.
5. Protopine inhibits serotonin transporter and noradrenaline transporter and has the antidepressant-like effect in mice models.
6. Protopine has antispasmodic and relaxant activity on isolated guinea-pig ileum.
7. Protopine, a novel microtubule-stabilizing agent, causes mitotic arrest and apoptotic cell death in human hormone-refractory prostate cancer cell lines.
Daidzin is a potent, selective aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2,IC50 = 80 nM) inhibitor, which has antiallergic anti-oxidant, anti-carcinogenic, antithrombotic,and anti-atherosclerotic activities, It has preventive effect on bone loss in ovariectomized rats appears to be due to suppression of bone turnover. A mixture of daidzin and glycitin has anti-obese and anti-diabetic effects.
Curdione has anti-inflammatory, cancer chemopreventive activities, significant anti-platelet aggregation and antithrombotic activities , the inhibitory mechanism of curdione on platelet aggregation may increase cAMP levels and subsequently inhibit intracellular Ca2+ mobilization. plays an important role in the CYP3A4 inhibitory activity of C. aromatica.
1. Coumarin is a potent inducer of aflatoxin B1-aldehyde reductase, has chemoprevention of aflatoxin B1 hepatocarcinogenesis.
2,. Coumarin is an anticoagulant drug.
3. Coumarin has antiulcerogenic activity, it may influence the secretion control mediated by the parasympathetic system.
4. Coumarin and 3-hydroxycoumarin can be a promising class of photoprotective drugs.
Liensinine is a human ether-a-go-go-related gene (hERG) inhibitor and a novel autophagy/mitophagy inhibitor, which can antagonize the ventricular arrhythmias. It exerts remarkable effect against thrombosis and possesses strong effect against platelet aggregation and coagulation.