1. Mixture of coccinic acid and anwuweizonic acid shows significant inhibitory activity against human decidual cells and rat luteal cells in vitro, suggests that it has antifertility activity.
2. Coccinic acid shows inhibitory effects against colorectal carcinoma HCT-15 and oral epithelial cell line KB-3-1.
1. Triptolide has anti-inflammatory activity.
2. Triptolide has immunosuppressive activity.
3. Triptolide has anti-cancer activity against breast, stomach and leukemia cell line HL-60 cells.
4. Triptolide induces apoptosis in tumor cells by blocking NF-KB activation and sensitizing tumor cells for TNF-a induced programmed cell death.
5. Triptolide inhibits TGF-β1-induced cell proliferation and migration of rat airway smooth muscle cells, by suppressing Smad signaling and NF-κB ,respectively.
1. Byakangelicin is an antineoplastic agent.
2. Byakangelicin has inhibitory effect on and presence of sulphydryl group in pregnant mare's serum gonadotropin.
3. Byakangelicin markedly induces the expression of CYP3A4 both at the mRNA level and the protein level but do not affect expression of human pregnane X receptor.
1. Demethylzeylasteral has strong immunosuppressive activity, can be used in the fields of organ transplantation and autoimmune disorders.
2. The risk of elevated serum concentrations of estradiol due to the inhibition of estradiol glucuronidation by Demethylzeylasteral.
3. Demethylzeylasteral increases both activation and inactivation time constants of Ca(2+) currents, can inhibit significantly the sperm acrosome reaction initiated by progesterone.
1. Plumbagin exhibits anti-tumor and anti-proliferative activities in various tumor cell lines as well as in animal tumor models.
2. Plumbagin may be considered as a potential natural FOXM1 inhibitor, which could contribute to the development of new anticancer agent for therapy of gliomas.
3. Plumbagin offers significant protective role against DEX-induced cellular damage via regulating oxidative stress, apoptosis, and osteogenic markers.
4. Plumbagin may serve as an anti-fibrotic medication through inactivating the NF-κB/TLR-4 pathway that is associated with inflammatory reactions, thereby mitigating liver fibrosis.