1. Vasicinol and vasicinone severe antifertility effects are exhibited by vasicinol against Dysdercus skoenigii and Tribolium castaneum due to blocking of oocytes in the oviduct.
2. Vasicinol shows a high sucrase inhibitory activity, and the IC50 values was 250 μM.vasicinol could be an useful treatment for metabolic disorders.
1. Mixture of coccinic acid and anwuweizonic acid shows significant inhibitory activity against human decidual cells and rat luteal cells in vitro, suggests that it has antifertility activity.
2. Coccinic acid shows inhibitory effects against colorectal carcinoma HCT-15 and oral epithelial cell line KB-3-1.
1. Triptolide has anti-inflammatory activity.
2. Triptolide has immunosuppressive activity.
3. Triptolide has anti-cancer activity against breast, stomach and leukemia cell line HL-60 cells.
4. Triptolide induces apoptosis in tumor cells by blocking NF-KB activation and sensitizing tumor cells for TNF-a induced programmed cell death.
5. Triptolide inhibits TGF-β1-induced cell proliferation and migration of rat airway smooth muscle cells, by suppressing Smad signaling and NF-κB ,respectively.
1. Isocupressic acid induces abortion in pregnant cows when ingested primarily during the last trimester.
2. Isocupressic acid shows strong inhibitory effect on Epstein-Barr virus early antigen (EBV-EA) induction (100 % inhibition at 1000 mol ratio/12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate (TPA).
3. Isocupressic acid decrease affects the angiogenesis of the female reproductive system, the decrease in blood flow and apoptosis of corpus luteum-derived endothelial cells of the uterine tissue results in abortion.
1. Byakangelicin is an antineoplastic agent.
2. Byakangelicin has inhibitory effect on and presence of sulphydryl group in pregnant mare's serum gonadotropin.
3. Byakangelicin markedly induces the expression of CYP3A4 both at the mRNA level and the protein level but do not affect expression of human pregnane X receptor.