1. Vasicinol and vasicinone severe antifertility effects are exhibited by vasicinol against Dysdercus skoenigii and Tribolium castaneum due to blocking of oocytes in the oviduct.
2. Vasicinol shows a high sucrase inhibitory activity, and the IC50 values was 250 μM.vasicinol could be an useful treatment for metabolic disorders.
1. Mixture of coccinic acid and anwuweizonic acid shows significant inhibitory activity against human decidual cells and rat luteal cells in vitro, suggests that it has antifertility activity.
2. Coccinic acid shows inhibitory effects against colorectal carcinoma HCT-15 and oral epithelial cell line KB-3-1.
Triptolide has immunosuppressive, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer activities, it induces apoptosis in tumor cells by blocking NF-KB activation and sensitizing tumor cells for TNF-a induced programmed cell death, it inhibits TGF-β1-induced cell proliferation and migration of rat airway smooth muscle cells, by suppressing Smad signaling and NF-κB ,respectively. Triptolide is an inhibitor of heat shock factor (HSF1), inhibits HSP90-CDC37 binding and induces acetylation of HSP90, and also inhibits MDM2 expression in a dose-dependent manner with IC50 values range from 47 to 73 nM.
1. Isocupressic acid induces abortion in pregnant cows when ingested primarily during the last trimester.
2. Isocupressic acid shows strong inhibitory effect on Epstein-Barr virus early antigen (EBV-EA) induction (100 % inhibition at 1000 mol ratio/12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate (TPA).
3. Isocupressic acid decrease affects the angiogenesis of the female reproductive system, the decrease in blood flow and apoptosis of corpus luteum-derived endothelial cells of the uterine tissue results in abortion.
1. Byakangelicin is found in extracts of the root of Angelica dahurica, used in Korea and China as a traditional medicine to treat colds, headache and toothache, it can inhibit the effects of sex hormones, it may increase the catabolism of endogenous hormones, it induces cytochrome P450 3A4 expression via transactivation of pregnane X receptors in human hepatocytes.
2. Byakangelicin is effective for the treatment of sugar cataracts and diabetic neuropathy in rats and hence might be useful as a lead compound for the development of new type drugs for clinical use.
3. Byakangelicin can cause irregularity of estrous cycle delay in mating and a marked decrease in fertile mating and in number of offspring, it might delay the sexual maturity of rats.
4. Byakangelicin as insecticides and insect antifeedant for the control of Lepidoptera and Homoptera showed a significant effect.