1. Neotuberostemonine ia has antitussive activity.
1. Theobromine may have therapeutic potential for diabetic nephropathy, by reducing kidney ECM accumulation in diabetic.
2. Theobromine independently increased serum HDL-cholesterol concentrations by 0.16 mmol/L.
3. Theobromine at normal intake ranges may contribute to the positive effects of chocolate, but at higher intakes, effects become negative.
1. Peimine has good anti-inflammatory effects in vivo.
2. Peimine is an inhibitor to inhibit LPS-induced production of inflammatory cytokines by blocking the MAPKs and NF-κB signaling pathway.
1. Glaucine has antitussive activity.
2. Glaucine can inhibit the migration and invasion of human breast cancer cells by MMP-9 inhibitory activity, attenuating IκBα and NF-κB activities.
3. Glaucine can enhance LPS and zymosan-induced IL-10 production, indicative for their use in different acute and chronic inflammatory diseases, may be an anti-arthritic agent.
1. Liquiritin apioside has antioxidant property by inducing glutathione (GSH) biosynthesis via the inhibition of cytokines and protected lung epithelial cells against cigarette smoke-mediated oxidative stress, might be as protective agent against epithelial injury in COPD .