1. Neotuberostemonine (NTS) is one of the main antitussive alkaloids in the root of Stemona tuberosa Lour, it has a significant protective effect on bleomycin (BLM)-induced pulmonary fibrosis through suppressing the recruitment and M2 polarization of macrophages.
2. Neotuberostemonine demonstrates antitussive properties in guinea pigs.
Theobromine is a xanthine alkaloid widely consumed as stimulants and snacks in coffee and cocoa based foods, it may form the basis for a new class of antitussive drugs. Theobromine has antioxidants and also capable of prooxidant action, it may have therapeutic potential for diabetic nephropathy, by reducing kidney ECM accumulation in diabetic. It can inhibit adenosine receptor A1 (AR1) signaling.
1. Peimine has good anti-inflammatory effects in vivo, it inhibits the production of inflammatory cytokines induced by LPS through blocking MAPKs and NF-κB signaling pathways.
2. Peimine and peiminine have antitussive and sedative actions, the former action being suspected to be central in nature.
1. Picrinine has notable antitussive, antiasthmatic, expectorant, antiinflammatory and analgesic effects; medicinal composition containing picrinine as active ingredient can be prepared into multiple dosage forms and can be used for treating cold, fever, and respiratory disease caused by fever with good therapeutic effect, convenient application and high safety; picrinine can be used as quality index for pharmic control in preparing medicine for treating cold, fever and respiratory disease caused by fever.
1. Neostenine shows significant antitussive activities.