1. Squalene has anti-cancer activity.
2. Squalene is an intermediate metabolite in the synthesis of cholesterol.
3. Squalene has antioxidant activity, appears to function in the skin as a quencher of singlet oxygen, protecting human skin surface from lipid peroxidation due to exposure to UV and other sources of ionizing radiation.
1. Sweroside possesses strong hepatoprotective effect.
2. Sweroside is a promising osteoporosis therapeutic natural product, has anti-osteoporotic effect on the human MG-63 cells and rat osteoblasts.
1. Fraxin protects HUVECs from oxidative stress.
2. Fraxin enhances urate excretion partly by inhibiting mURAT1 or mGLUT9 in kidney of hyperuricemic mice.
1. Bilirubin is a potent antioxidant.
2. Bilirubin may compromise cellular metabolism and proliferation via induction of ER stress.
1. Feretoside can increase expression of HSF1.