1. Ginsenoside Rg2 has a neuroprotective effect against glutamate-induced neurotoxicity through mechanisms related to anti-oxidation and anti-apoptosis.
2. Ginsenoside Rg2 may be as a potential treatment strategy for Alzheimer's disease by inhibiting the formation of Abeta1-40.
3. Ginsenoside Rg2 inhibits nicotinic acetylcholine receptor-mediated Na+ influx and channel activity.
4. Ginsenoside Rg2 may regulate the 5-HT3A receptors that are expressed in Xenopus oocytes.
5. Ginsenoside Rg2 may inhibit or prevent the growth of tumors.
1. Afzelin has antibacterial activity.
2. Afzelin promotes cytotoxic effect.
3. Afzelin effectively treats asthma is based on reduction of Th2 cytokine via inhibition of GATA‑binding protein 3 transcription factor, which is the master regulator of Th2 cytokine differentiation and production.
4. Afzelin has several cellular activities such as DNA-protective, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory as well as UV-absorbing activity and may protect human skin from UVB-induced damage by a combination of UV-absorbing and cellular activities.