Ginsenoside Rg2 has therapeutic potential for type 2 diabetic patients, it also may represent a potential neurorestorative treatment strategy for vascular dementia or other ischemic insults, has protective effects against H2O2-induced injury and apoptosis in H9c2 cells. Ginsenoside Rg2 suppresses the hepatic glucose production via AMPK-induced phosphorylation of GSK3β and induction of SHP gene expression, regulates the 5-HT3A receptors that are expressed in Xenopus oocytes, inhibits nicotinic acetylcholine receptor-mediated Na+ influx and channel activity.
1. Hirsutanonol or oregonin as an active ingredient composition for treating atopic dermatitis.
2. Hirsutanonol shows significant inhibitory effects on 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA)-induced cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression in immortalized human breast epithelial MCF10A cells.
3. Hirsutanonol has potent antioxidant activity, it shows significant free radical scavenging activity and exhibits inhibition effect on the mitochondrial lipid peroxidation.
4. Hirsutanonol shows potent cytotoxic activities against murine B16 melanoma cells and human SNU-C1 gastric cancer cells.
5. Hirsutanonol has chemoprotective effect on human lymphocytes DNA.
6. Hirustenone and hirsutanonol show promising anti-filarial activity both in vitro and in vivo studies.
Afzelin has several cellular activities such as DNA-protective, antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory as well as UV-absorbing activity and may protect human skin from UVB-induced damage by a combination of UV-absorbing and cellular activities. Afzelin has potenial anti-cancer activity against prostate cancer, the activity is due to inhibition of LIM domain kinase 021 expression, it can inhibit the proliferation of LNCaP and PC302cells, and block the cell cycle in the G002phase. Afzelin can attenuate asthma phenotypes is based on reduction of Th2 cytokine via inhibition of GATA-binding protein 3 transcription factor, which is the master regulator of Th2 cytokine differentiation and production.
1. Guajadial B shows cytotoxicities against five human cancer cell lines, it is the most effective having an IC50 value of 150 nM toward A549 cells.
2. Guajadial B acts as a Top1 catalytic inhibitor and delays Top1 poison-mediated DNA damage.
Methyl Gallate is a plant polyphenol with antioxidant, anticancer, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory activities.Methyl gallate is a potent and highly specific inhibitor of herpes simplex virus in vitro. Methyl gallate also has a dual cyclooxygenase-2/5-lipoxygenase inhibitory activity. Methyl gallate can inhibit the growth of oral pathogens and S. mutans biofilm formation, and may be used to prevent the formation of oral biofilms.