1. Arbutin has whitening, anti- age effects and UVB/ UVC filter by inhibiting tyrosinase and thus preventing the formation of melanin.
2. Normal skin microflora may increase the skin lightening effect of arbutin due to the antioxidant action of hydroquinone.
3. Arbutin might be useful for treating the inflammatory and deleterious effects of BV2 microglial cells activation in response to LPS stimulation.
1. Oxyresveratro can inhibit tyrosinase activity.
2. Oxyresveratro is useful to trauma models, as toxicity to glia could be beneficial by inhibiting reactive gliosis.
3. Oxyresveratrol has antioxidant activity, can reduce neuronal oxidative damage and protect hepatocytes against oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction, which may be associated with activation of Nrf2.