D-Mannitol, a specific hydroxyl free radical scavenger, can reduce the developmental toxicity of hydroxyurea in rabbits; it has thermal properties and could be as a Phase Change Material (PCM) for latent heat storage system; it is a potential diagnostic marker for aspergillosis. D-mannitol has neuroprotectant effect in reducing the sensory neurological disturbances seen in ciguatera poisoning, it does not act purely as an osmotic agent to reduce swelling of nerves, but involves a more complex action dependent on the Na(v) channel subtype, possibly to alter or reduce toxin association.
1,1,3,3-Tetraethoxypropane,the precursor of the ubiquitous natural compound malondialdehyde. Tetraethoxypropane as the standard in the thiobarbituric acid (TBA) assay.
|CFN90070||Homovanillic Acid Sulfate
1. Homovanillic acid sulfate presence supports a diagnosis of neuroblastoma and malignant pheochromocytoma.
2. Homovanillic acid sulfate is used as a reagent to detect oxidative enzymes, and is associated with dopamine levels in the brain.
3. In psychiatry and neuroscience, brain and cerebrospinal fluid levels of homovanillic acid are measured as a marker of metabolic stress caused by 2-deoxy-D-glucose.
1. 1,5-Anhydro-D-glucitol level might provide additional information to identify macroangiopathy of patients with type 2 diabetes, especially in those with excellent HbA1c levels.
2. Low 1,5-Anhydro-D-glucitol levels are associated with vascular endothelial dysfunction, suggests it is a potentially useful marker for vascular endothelial dysfunction.
Estriol (E3), an endogenous estrogen predominantly produced during human pregnancy, is an antagonist of the G-protein coupled estrogen receptor in estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer cells. E3 can blunt the postprandial glycemic surge in rats through modulating the level of intestinal glucose transporters. E3 exerts a mitogenic effect on T-47D and MCF-7 cells at concentrations of 10(-9)M (288 pg/ml) and higher.