1. Leonurine hydrochloride is considered to have antitumor roles;LH increases the expression levels of caspase-3, caspase-9 and Bax/Bcl-2, it inhibits the proliferation and induces the apoptosis of H292 cells in a mitochondria-dependent pathway.
2. Leonurine hydrochloride can inhibit osteoclastogenesis and prevent osteoporosis associated with estrogen deficiency by inhibiting the NF-κB and PI3K/Akt signaling pathways, it might be a promising therapeutic compound to treat osteoclast-related diseases, such as osteoporosis.
3. Leonurine hydrochloride can remarkably elevate the serum estradiol level in rats, but has no obvious effect on progesterone level; LH has an inhibitory effect on bleeding caused by incomplete abortion, the mechanism may be related to up-regulation of the E2 level, leading to an increase in uterine contractions and evacuation of intrauterine residuum.
1. Daphnetin, one of coumarin derivatives, is a protein kinase inhibitor.
1. Daphnetin has been shown to be a potent in vitro anti-proliferative agent to the human renal cell carcinoma (RCC) cell line, A-498; p38 MAP kinase is intrinsically involved in mediating the effect of daphnetin in A-498 cells, suggesting that this drug may act by promotion of cellular maturation, and consequently may represent a novel low toxic approach for the treatment of poorly differentiated RCCs.
2. Daphnetin is highly effective on preventing and suppressing the development and progression of adjuvant-induced arthritis and provides direct evidences that daphnetin is one of the active principle of Zushima-Pian for treating rheumatoid arthritis.
3. Daphnetin can enhance immunological functions of B lymphocytes, the expression of IL-12 in B lymphocytes can be up-regulated by daphnetin through natural immunity approach.
4. Daphnetin is a dihydroxycoumarin that is being used in China for the treatment of coagulation disorders, it is also a chelator and an antioxidant; it is a novel antimalarial agent with in vitro and in vivo activity.
5. Daphnetin shows great antiproliferative activity in several tumor cell lines and have been proposed as a potential anticancer agent.
6. Daphnetin has anti-inflammatory properties, it has been used to treat inflammatory diseases including bronchitis; it has protective functions of daphnetin in endotoxin- induced lung inflammation and injury.
1. Stachydrine hydrochloride promotes the protein expression of IL-12 and IL-6, as well as the mRNA expression of T-bet and RORγt, while inhibiting the mRNA expression of GATA-3 and Foxp3.1.
2. The Th1/Th2/Th17/Treg paradigm induced by Stachydrine hydrochloride contributed to the reduction in uterine bleeding in RU486-induced abortion mice.1.
1. Ziyuglycoside II has a wide range of clinical applications including hemostasis, antibiosis, anti-inflammation and anti-oxidation.
2. Ziyuglycoside II has inhibitory effect on the growth of MDA-MB-435 cells, which may become a potential therapeutic approach of breast cancer in the future.
3. Ziyuglycoside II induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis through activation of ROS/JNK pathway in human breast cancer cells.
4. Ziyuglycoside II methyl ester possess improved anti-diabetic properties, and has hepato-renal protective activities in type 2 diabetes.
1. Calceolarioside A shows potent activity against visceral leishmaniasis.
2. Calceolarioside A can induce a dose-related aggregant effect on rabbit platelets, which may be partly related to a calcium-dependent mechanism.
3. Calceolarioside A has potent antioxidative activity, it displays stronger scavenging potential with IC50 values of (4.15 +/- 0.07, 40.32 +/- 0.09, 2.26 +/- 0.03 microM) for OH, total ROS and scavenging of ONOO(-), respectively.