1. 2,3,5,4’-tetrahydroxydiphenylethylene-2-O-glucoside(TBG) is a calcium ATPase inhibitor.
2. TBG is an antioxidant.
3. TBG is a potential substrate for horseradish peroxidase (HRP).
1. Medicarpin biosynthesis has been induced in the shoots and reduced in the roots of the plants treated with a toxic concentration of Pb.
2. Medicarpin sensitizes myeloid leukemia cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis through the upregulation of DR5 through activation of the ROS-JNK-CHOP pathway.
3. Medicarpin stimulates osteoblast differentiation likely via ERβ, promotes achievement of peak bone mass, and is devoid of uterine estrogenicity. In addition, given its excellent oral bioavailability, Medicarpin can be potential osteogenic agent.
1. Anhydroicaritin exhibits immunosuppressive effect on the mouse macrophages stimulated by LPS.
2. Anhydroicaritin phytosomes can inhibit enhanced bone turnover induced by ovariectomy, improve BMD the biomechanical properties of vertebrae, without any stimulation on uterus.
3. Anhydroicaritin possesses significant protective effects on the zymosan-induced peritonitis mice, which might be associated with the regulation of Ca(2+); influx in macrophages and iNOS expression.
1. Taurine, a free β-amino acid with remarkable antioxidant activity, is used in Taurine-enriched beverages to boost the muscular power of athletes.
2. Taurine can attenuate nandrolone decanoate-induced poor sperm quality and testicular toxicity in rats.
3. Taurine can effectively promote chondrocyte growth and enhance accumulation of glycosaminoglycans and collagens in the conditioned media of chondrocytes, it is effective in proliferation promotion and phenotype maintenance of chondrocytes, thus, taurine may be a useful pro-chondrogenic agent for autologous chondrocyte implantation in the treatment of cartilage repair.
1. Apigenin 7-O-methylglucuronide did not affect GAG level or secretion, may potentially be used in osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) type I pharmacotherapy in patients with normal GAG content.
2. Apigenin 7-O-methylglucuronide which normalized collagen synthesis in OI cells may exert their effects through beta1-integrin-mediated signaling.